ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 Calendar: November 8, 2010

344 48652
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

On November 8th, 2010, the following will happen:

1. Our closed beta process will begin in the morning
Our closed beta users have already been chosen. Chances are excellent that if you haven't already heard from us by now on an official basis, you won't be in the closed beta. The closed beta group will help with some core testing, which may be as boring as following a list of instructions or a list of things to test for functionality. Their testing will last as long as it takes to get some basic portions of the site working 100% perfectly. Only then will we start the open beta.

2. Our open beta sign-up page will go live sometime between 10am and 6pm
The public beta sign-up page will be at http://beta.armorgames.com/. On that page, you'll only need to enter your Email address. I highly recommend you use the same Email address as your AG2 account, so we can synchronize your account settings easier, and it won't make sense to register multiple Email accounts because beta testers who do not reply to their invite codes will get dropped from the beta. We will not manually add anyone to the list. If you want in, you have to add yourself. I expect it will be some time in the morning, United States Pacific (California) time, but we might need longer to get everything synchronized.

3. We will send out messages on Twitter letting people know that AG3 Beta is starting
I highly recommend you follow these Twitter accounts for updates:
- @armorgames - this is the official Armor Games twitter feed where we announce new games being released, but we'll also announce on here when the beta sign-up page is live. I don't know how much else we'll say on this Twitter account about the beta.
- @cormyn - this is my personal Twitter account (well, one of them), where I will be posting information about the beta process once we get started. I expect to be pretty verbose about what we're working on, things that are working, etc.

We'll probably tell our closed beta users not to say too much publicly about AG3 until someone from AG says it first.

We don't expect the closed beta to go on very long before we start inviting people who signed up after the 8th.

• 344 Replies
GIGAgamer
GIGAgamer
116 posts
Nomad

Today is the big day... Guys, i hope you will be selected!

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

I had a sore throat yesterday and a stuffy nose today

Chest infection, bad cold and diarrhea. Yucky!
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

^Yeesh, that stinks. My brother got a little sick yesterday, too but he's fine today...he probably just ate something that didn't agree with him :P

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We're rolling out the code to our beta servers soon, to give it one final walkthrough that WE'RE happy that the first stage of stuff is working, and then we'll launch the sign up page. I'll post on my twitter account when it's live, as well as here in the forums. We'll probably cross-post the "signup is live" post in several forums (Tavern, WEPR, Support, Newcomers) just to get decent coverage.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

I sure its almost out the door right now.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

I guess for now, Twitter has all our updates covered. Pretty interesting actually; never thought that there were so many specific things to test!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I have a feeling that there's a delay of some sort... I've been checking the beta page all day now (approx. 6.5 hrs. straight) and nothing changed... at all!

Meeza sad-ohw...

halogunner
halogunner
807 posts
Nomad

mee too

ArmorL3gend
ArmorL3gend
239 posts
Peasant

I have been waiting for 4.45 hours, luckily I'm patient and don't get cranky that easily :.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Yeah, I've been closely following the beta for over 4-5 hours now and still can't wait for it to open up.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Maybe our multiple posts will make for chaos at AG-HQ! 0__o

I think they delayed because of some last minute problems popping up... but that's me speculating here, only the people at AG-HQ know what's going on right now!

*sings*

"All we can dooo... is sit and wait...
all we can dooo... is sit and waiiii-hai-hait!
dummm... deedeedummm... dee-deeeedeeeee-dummm..."

=)

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

I have a feeling that there's a delay of some sort

A delay means there was a promised time. There wasn't a promised time, just a time range.

[quote=TwitterCormyn]tested signing up as a new user, initial email gets sent just fine (yay!). Unsubscribe link at the bottom will remove you from beta too.

closed beta members will have their initial email response, but images are broken, we'll have that fixed when the beta site goes live.

adding closed beta members to ag3 database[/quote]

All this was posted less than 2 hours ago from Ian's twitter. Everything will be up shortly, so please keep your greaves on!
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Last entry on Twitter was an hour abo by the way...

cormyn: final testing that beta invite codes will send to users

So, I guess they let the beta run for glitches while having a nice BLT in the meantime...
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

I thought it was open already but then I checked the site and it was still the weird image. Following cormyn's Twitter or updates!

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

cormyn: James is altering some of the Emails, Larry's working on some services stuff, and I'm finishing up some bulk-Email templates.

So they're just polishing the things for the sign up process I guess.
Showing 46-60 of 344