ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 Calendar: November 8, 2010

344 48649
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

On November 8th, 2010, the following will happen:

1. Our closed beta process will begin in the morning
Our closed beta users have already been chosen. Chances are excellent that if you haven't already heard from us by now on an official basis, you won't be in the closed beta. The closed beta group will help with some core testing, which may be as boring as following a list of instructions or a list of things to test for functionality. Their testing will last as long as it takes to get some basic portions of the site working 100% perfectly. Only then will we start the open beta.

2. Our open beta sign-up page will go live sometime between 10am and 6pm
The public beta sign-up page will be at http://beta.armorgames.com/. On that page, you'll only need to enter your Email address. I highly recommend you use the same Email address as your AG2 account, so we can synchronize your account settings easier, and it won't make sense to register multiple Email accounts because beta testers who do not reply to their invite codes will get dropped from the beta. We will not manually add anyone to the list. If you want in, you have to add yourself. I expect it will be some time in the morning, United States Pacific (California) time, but we might need longer to get everything synchronized.

3. We will send out messages on Twitter letting people know that AG3 Beta is starting
I highly recommend you follow these Twitter accounts for updates:
- @armorgames - this is the official Armor Games twitter feed where we announce new games being released, but we'll also announce on here when the beta sign-up page is live. I don't know how much else we'll say on this Twitter account about the beta.
- @cormyn - this is my personal Twitter account (well, one of them), where I will be posting information about the beta process once we get started. I expect to be pretty verbose about what we're working on, things that are working, etc.

We'll probably tell our closed beta users not to say too much publicly about AG3 until someone from AG says it first.

We don't expect the closed beta to go on very long before we start inviting people who signed up after the 8th.

• 344 Replies
vance199510
vance199510
32 posts
Nomad

Have they already started to send codes for the open beta??

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

No. They are only privately distributing closed beta invitations. You'll know when the open beta begins.

vance199510
vance199510
32 posts
Nomad

Thank you.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

There will be announcements in multiple places (forums, blog, AG's Twitter account, etc.) and a lot of commotion.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I added knight_34 last night.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Can't ask for more proof than that...

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Is....every mod in closed, or just a few? It'd be nice to be able to create a circle of info for beta.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

All active mods have been sent invite codes for closed beta.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Thought it was about time I would show my face here again... Freak and Knight have been posting in here a lot since last night! Allright then...

*pulls up pants as far as armpits*

I'm pretty excited about having a private 'ballfield' to roam around in with Freak, Knight and the 'Mod-squad', should be good! =D

And I'm glad you decided to invite Knight as well for the closed beta cormyn, he's a great person to test it for you guys, I'm sure of that!

Thanx everyone for the congratulations I've read in this thread!
I must say I was a little flabbergasted to see the thread go from 14 pages when I left shortly, to about 30 when I returned after about 45 min.! 0_o

I knew it was a popular thing happening, but this... wow! =)

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Apparently we are called the Armor Games BLT team.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

LOL You got my email!!!! ROFL XD

Have you been able to figure out what it means? :P

vance199510
vance199510
32 posts
Nomad

OMG 2 WEEKS. Oh well it'll be worth the wait.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I think the BLT reference has to do with our lunch break yesterday, and succumbing to the "almightly BLT" as someone put it.

Coincidentally, I'm a big BLT fan.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Alright, the thread is being locked. Thanks for playing.

Showing 331-344 of 344