Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Vote Power

Posted Nov 4, '10 at 1:16am

MRWalker82

MRWalker82

4,200 posts

Query: How will the reputation be obtained in reference to "voting power"? Will it be strictly based on ratings of game comments, or will it be a combination of gaming comments as well as forum posts?

And golly you're working late Ian :D

Posted Nov 4, '10 at 7:39pm

1337Player

1337Player

1,805 posts

So you vote to get reputation? Oh, I thought it was the other way around. Well this makes everything different to me now!

Posted Nov 4, '10 at 8:16pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,962 posts

Knight

To clear it up, the idea we had was that posting comments, etc., would NOT grant you any points or reputation, like the Armor Points system now. However, if someone "likes" your comment, your reputation value would go up by some amount. If the person who liked your content was a 'friend', the vote would count for less than a 'follower', and if a complete stranger liked it, it would be worth the highest amount of reputation -- to you. The voter gains no benefit from voting.

kylethedude's idea was that if your own reputation gets raised to a certain level (because people like your content), then the amount of reputation given to someone else when YOU vote for THEIR content should be higher than another user of the same type (friend, follower, stranger).

However, this could lead to vote spam, so we're NOT going to adjust the amount of reputation you gain based on the reputation of the person voting.

Posted Nov 5, '10 at 3:29am

latpasko

latpasko

301 posts

To clear it up, the idea we had was that posting comments, etc., would NOT grant you any points or reputation, like the Armor Points system now...

then whould you need less points to gain armatars and ranks?

Posted Nov 7, '10 at 5:03am

cormyn

cormyn

2,962 posts

Knight

Points will work differently in AG3

Posted Nov 7, '10 at 5:09am

Secretmapper

Secretmapper

1,783 posts

What if people make numerous account to earn reputation

Posted Nov 7, '10 at 8:17am

5hadowles5

5hadowles5

97 posts

i think that your rank should give you your voting power e.g squire gold 6 votes and add one for each rank

Reply to Vote Power

You must be logged in to post a reply!