ForumsNews and FeedbackWill it be possible to gain points in the AG3 Beta?

16 5200
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

As requested... I have a question about the beta site!

A friend of mine (checker702) asked me and I'm relaying it to you guys now! =)

Q : He was wondering whether points would be given/gained while testing the open beta? I couldn't answer it for him... :/

• 16 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Depends on what projects the admins have for the beta testers. If any action you take in beta is supposed to give you reputation or AP, then you should gain points. Afterall, that's part of beta too--seeing if the points will actually go into the system and build up a count.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Wasn't this just asked the other day? Points you accumulate during beta will probably get wiped. I'm looking at ways this week to keep those extra points, but no promises.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Will the beat site, be another site? or will this, AG site right now, turn into AG3 beta? Because if it will, I wouldn't like that, if there will be more problems in beta, then is it really beta if it has so many problems?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

The beta site will run as a separate site, until it's bug-free and ready for everyone to use, at which time we will "launch" the full site by replacing *this* site with the new one.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Wasn't this just asked the other day?

That was probably me again cormyn in another thread... :P

You told me to make a separate topic on it and not 'hijack that thread with another unrelated question'!

But it answered my question! I'll go relay it to him now! Thanx!
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Just FYI, I'm looking for ways to save new points on the AG3 beta, since the old armor points and new armor points are accumulated differently. More info on this later.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

You mean like redistributing them in different point values? Well if you're looking for ideas, just holler

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

No, not redistributing them. AP you collect in beta will carry over after launch.

Old AP values, and what's happening to them, has already been discussed.

5hadowles5
5hadowles5
93 posts
Nomad

hmm what would happen if my old points get deleted in the transition to armor games 3

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Well, anything that happens in AG2 will migrate over to AG3. If you lose AP in AG2, the amount of AP that is in AG3 will be lost as well, though....

[quote=Cormyn]the old armor points and new armor points are accumulated differently[/quote]

...may throw the values off. So yeah, everything will just be updated, if that answers your question

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

now it seem every one is talking about a "new slate" and deleting them all to start fresh. sounds easyer and just a better idea! to have to deal with all those pionts and all, seems hard! but if it is just recoculated then maybe. but as said(again)

the old armor points and new armor points are accumulated differently

so it seems like a stand by right now!
Roadripper
Roadripper
1,514 posts
Farmer

I think it would be nice to just transfer over the amount of posts, comments, ratings, etc into AG3 and then the points will work themselves out..but what do I know.. xD

~RR~

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I think it would be nice to just transfer over the amount of posts, comments, ratings, etc into AG3 and then the points will work themselves out..

If I'm correct, those amount of comments/posts/ratings/etc will not be transferred to AG3.
There will only be an achievement given for a number of comments/posts/ratings made in AG2.
And in AG3 the amount will start from scratch...

I'll wait for cormyn to reveil wether I'm correct about this or not...
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

That's going to suck. I don't really care for points however I do like to have the small amount of recognition my forum posts bring.

Pazx - 0AP
0 posts
0 comments
0 games rated

But guess what! He was awesome in AG2
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I don't really care for points however I do like to have the small amount of recognition my forum posts bring.

As I understood from cormyn, all AG2 users will receive some sort of achievement for their activity here on AG2, which will be mentioned in their profile on AG3, so... your efforts now won't all be forgotten when the new AG3 is launched...
Showing 1-15 of 16