ForumsNews and FeedbackPrivacy settings

1 2745
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I know most of this has been talked about, but today when I logged on to my profile, I saw that this really creepy dude that I didn't even know left a comment on my profile. Eventually his account was banned, so then he apparently made another account and left another comment...
After that, I went to my friends profile and saw that on his alternate account, that guy left the same comment like 5 times!
Basically, I was wondering if there could be more advanced settings on AG3 such as:
.Blocking a user's IP/ e-mail (even if you didn't know it, you could say block so and so's e-mail and then the server would prevent anyone with that same e-mail from contacting you unless you permitted them to)

.Hiding your friends from people you don't want seeing them

.Hiding your about/ location/ gamer tag/ etc. (so they don't look for you outside of the site)

I think this could help bring in people worried about safety to the site, too and would make the site a little more open with sharing between friends.

• 1 Reply
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

.Blocking a user's IP/ e-mail (even if you didn't know it, you could say block so and so's e-mail and then the server would prevent anyone with that same e-mail from contacting you unless you permitted them to)

You may block users (but no mods or admins!) from posting comments on your profile and from PMing you in AG3.

.Hiding your friends from people you don't want seeing them

.Hiding your about/ location/ gamer tag/ etc.

Now if these guys were REALLY creepy and had my mannerisms, they would have gotten a hold of that information before they commented and before you had a chance to act. Really, some users go by the "ask and you shall receive" principle. That works very well and your info is not out in the open.

Erm...I dunno about that friend idea. I don't like it, but I don't know why.
Showing 1-1 of 1