Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

date/time zones

Posted Nov 7, '10 at 1:09pm

Peter20

Peter20

436 posts

1 more idea from me i think on the home page we should have the date and all the times for the time zones sometimes i have no idea. exspecily the time zone thing some times i might want to be able to covert time to lets say somewhere in the UK

Posted Nov 7, '10 at 1:45pm

Gantic

Gantic

7,438 posts

Use a timezone map and factor in daylight saving. It's not that hard.

Posted Nov 7, '10 at 1:48pm

Peter20

Peter20

436 posts

i do not have a timezone map

Posted Nov 7, '10 at 1:55pm

Gantic

Gantic

7,438 posts

This one does all of the calculations for you.

Posted Nov 7, '10 at 2:03pm

Peter20

Peter20

436 posts

oh kool thanks gantic, thats useful

Posted Nov 7, '10 at 2:04pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,206 posts

Though it might be beneficial in a way to see at what time a user is reporting from. Say Gantic is posting from California. To me, that's -3 in hours. So at 12:00 Noon, Gantic will post, his time being 9:00. There could be a fixture showing his time, and under that, your time that he posted.

Certain times may indicate whether a user will leave or come on, if you know the schedule, like going to bed or going to school.

Posted Nov 8, '10 at 12:39am

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

it'd be easy enough to do if we store everything in "california time" and adjust it for each user if they select a time zone.

Posted Nov 8, '10 at 12:42am

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,206 posts

I'd like that. It could be in a post that first shows California time (which would be universal to AG'ers if added), and under it showing their timezone when they posted. It could make a nice forum game as well when pulled off, but that's not that important :-)

Posted Nov 8, '10 at 10:37am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,764 posts

This would make a great addition to users gaving trouble with the different time zones all over the world! I'm all for it! =D

Is this difficult to implement then? :/

Posted Nov 8, '10 at 11:40am

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

Yeah we'd probably show everything in California time, unless you set a time zone in your profile.

Reply to date/time zones

You must be logged in to post a reply!