ForumsNews and Feedbackdate/time zones

21 5840
Peter20
Peter20
543 posts
Peasant

1 more idea from me i think on the home page we should have the date and all the times for the time zones sometimes i have no idea. exspecily the time zone thing some times i might want to be able to covert time to lets say somewhere in the UK

• 21 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Use a timezone map and factor in daylight saving. It's not that hard.

Peter20
Peter20
543 posts
Peasant

i do not have a timezone map

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

This one does all of the calculations for you.

Peter20
Peter20
543 posts
Peasant

oh kool thanks gantic, thats useful

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Though it might be beneficial in a way to see at what time a user is reporting from. Say Gantic is posting from California. To me, that's -3 in hours. So at 12:00 Noon, Gantic will post, his time being 9:00. There could be a fixture showing his time, and under that, your time that he posted.

Certain times may indicate whether a user will leave or come on, if you know the schedule, like going to bed or going to school.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

it'd be easy enough to do if we store everything in "california time" and adjust it for each user if they select a time zone.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

I'd like that. It could be in a post that first shows California time (which would be universal to AG'ers if added), and under it showing their timezone when they posted. It could make a nice forum game as well when pulled off, but that's not that important :-)

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

This would make a great addition to users gaving trouble with the different time zones all over the world! I'm all for it! =D

Is this difficult to implement then? :/

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Yeah we'd probably show everything in California time, unless you set a time zone in your profile.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Right now, everything gets set according to our server's time, which are hosted somewhere in the Eastern time zone, so everything's off by 3 hours for us here in California.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

All sounds pretty clear to me! How come you have time to write replies to forum posts?! 0_o

Not busy with opening the doors yet? People are pounding them in anxiety to get in... :P

ArmorL3gend
ArmorL3gend
239 posts
Peasant

This would make a great addition to users gaving trouble with the different time zones all over the world! I'm all for it! =D

I agree with MrDayCee
Peter20
Peter20
543 posts
Peasant

yea we could put what time zone were in then it would show on our profile

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

MrDayCee, ROFL, good point.

Note to self: MrDayCee is not allowed in the beta...

Kidding! The beta sign-up site will go live shortly. We needed a lunch break.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Everyone needs lunch even those highway workers who my grandpa always seems to drive by and they are looking at a hole all together and then he says "I'm paying them to do this?"

Showing 1-15 of 21