ForumsGamesHow do i get a Xbox live account?

4 2198
kirek
kirek
5 posts
Nomad

I have a 360, but i want to play online.

How do i get a xbox live account?

• 4 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

You buy it from a game store or wal-mart, anywhere they sell gaming accessories.

ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

You don't buy an Xbox Live account from a game store Asherlee. I'm not even sure if you can or not.

kirek, you need to go your Xbox dashboard, and somewhere on there it'll ask you to create an account. After you create your account, either make a Silver Xbox Live membership (free for 1 monrth) or get Gold, which varies because you can pay for a certain amount of time. Anyways, on the Xbox dashboard, after you create your acc, it should ask you if you want to get Xbox Live somewhere. Go to that choose your payment method and fill out all the info. Hope this helps!

Salmanius
Salmanius
277 posts
Peasant

Ryan7g you are wrong also.

You either go to xbox.com and make a account or you go to dashboard(on your xbox) and go to the far left panel and hit "join xbox live." Make sure you are connected to the internet when you do that.

A xbox live account has free silver edition forever. Siver edition allows you to do everything on Xbox live EXCEPT play games online. YOu are about to download games, videos, updates, gamerpictures, and themes.

If you want to play online then you have to buy Gold Edition. You get a free month when you create you account. After that you have to buy more time to play. If you buy it by the year you get the best deal of $50. Gold lets you play any game you have online against other people. You also get all the privledges of silver.

To buy Gold edition time, you can go to the store and buy cards which have a code on them which you can enter of the far left panel of your xbox to give you the amount of time you paid for. You can also enter your credit card number into xbox live and then just buy the time (for the smae price as the cards) from your xbox.

Thats about as detailed as i can get. Good luck!

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Actually, I bought my 360 live account in a store. It came in the form of a card.

Showing 1-4 of 4