ForumsNews and FeedbackOpen Beta Sign-up Page is Live!

29 7392
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

http://beta.armorgames.com/

All you need to give us is the Email address of your AG2 account and you'll get a welcome Email.

When we're ready to invite more users to the beta, we'll send out a bunch of invites all in one shot.

Be sure to add mail@armorgames.com to your Email contacts so messages can get through.

• 29 Replies
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

The quotes just changed.

John apparently thinks one of the other web devs or the beta page is sexy -_-'

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Naw...I was at schoool and only just signed up and so I won't get accepted until tomorrow probably...

Ohh well

And I laugh at John's post on the first page.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Freak, if you clear cookies, or use a new OS/broser, you'll have to use your invite code again.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Do you run the risk of losing AP, comments, etc. on your Armor Games 2 account if you sign up for the open beta, due to some of the shared elements etc.?

ArmorL3gend
ArmorL3gend
239 posts
Peasant

No, because AG3 Beta is run on a seperate site

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

I dunno. We don't really know what is really going to happen to the AP system. It may be changed. If so, your AP may be different, lesser or greater, than what it is. If we keep all our stats and the current idea, that AP will be for rating, commenting, and playing games, while reputation will be community-based, then I certainly will have low AP while having very high reputation. We will just have to keep with what we have and go on from there.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I can't remember where, but I think I saw Cormyn say something like, AG2 and BetaAG3 share cache or cookies or something and I'm getting that your AG2 account is somewhat linked to your BetaAG3 account.

I'm wondering if you run the risk of losing AG2 posts, AP, etc. if you do the open beta AG3. I know the AG2 accounts will end and will not have the same AP systems, but I do want my AG2 account to stay intact for as long as possible.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

I all honesty I would love it if AG3 started over. Erasing everything, except the achievements/badges etc. the players who reached certain goals on AG2 have received. It would be a much better way to add in the new points systems.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

What I said was: If you sign up for the beta, you'll be able to log into the site using your AG2 username/password, because we synchronize that data from AG2 to AG3.

And, since AG3 will have different point systems, anything you gain on AG3 will NOT be backwards compatible to AG2. (ie, you won't gain AP on AG2 if you do something in AG3)

AG3 won't be starting over completely -- we'll have the same games. We're looking at ways to migrate game ratings, migrate some of the merited game reviews, and maybe migrate the forums. Wiping the site completely would be a bit extreme.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

What I said was: If you sign up for the beta, you'll be able to log into the site using your AG2 username/password, because we synchronize that data from AG2 to AG3.

Okay, okay. But it's not possible for a bug or glitch, or some flaw to "cross" some data or code and accidental delete or change something (Post count, AP, etc.) or cause a crash, due to the synchronization?

I only ask because I want to be part of the open beta, but I still want to be active on AG2 during that time. I'm worried that switching back and forth between the two might cause a glitch or something to get "mixed up".

(Like is you went on betaAG3 and some cookie was saved that replaced an AG2 cookie then you signed back on to AG2 and it was reading the wrong cookie or something and caused a glitch. IDk a whole lot of code but you get what I'm saying?)
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Nothing can get mixed up. The data path between AG2 and AG3 is one way. Data can ONLY come from AG2 to AG3. AG3 does not send any data back to AG2. Even the cookies are different. The cookie problems that our closed beta team are reporting have nothing to do with cookies, it's a caching issue on AG3.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Nothing can get mixed up. The data path between AG2 and AG3 is one way. Data can ONLY come from AG2 to AG3. AG3 does not send any data back to AG2. Even the cookies are different. The cookie problems that our closed beta team are reporting have nothing to do with cookies, it's a caching issue on AG3.

Okay, Thanks. That's all I needed to here. I might as well sign up for the open beta, now that I know the data path is only one way I don't have to worry.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

AG3 won't be starting over completely -- we'll have the same games. We're looking at ways to migrate game ratings, migrate some of the merited game reviews, and maybe migrate the forums. Wiping the site completely would be a bit extreme.

I was referring to user statistics, and the hundreds of pages of locked threads.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

The cookie problems that our closed beta team are reporting have nothing to do with cookies, it's a caching issue on AG3.

At least that explains why we had cookies permanently enabled and the thing was still an issue. If it was a cookie problem instead, then other things would have messed up :S
Showing 16-29 of 29