Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

customize ads

Posted Nov 8, '10 at 9:30pm

zasgat

zasgat

27 posts

maybe we could customize ads because today while playing a game a video ad popped up for a web show especially designed for girls and i am  a boy. maybe we could take a short survey about what we like.

Posted Nov 8, '10 at 9:32pm

Joe96

Joe96

2,288 posts

I don't think AG controls the ads.  If I heard right, it's google that puts them up, so I'm not sure how that would work.

Posted Nov 9, '10 at 2:36am

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

Some ad networks can let us pass uder-identifying data, like gender, age range, etc., but we're not a huge fan of the whole creepy behavioral targeting that some ad networks do. James and I worked for an ad optimization company (The Rubicon Project) that made this very easy to do, but at some point you realize that ad networks end up knowing WAY more about you than you really want them to.

Posted Nov 9, '10 at 2:37am

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

Still, the ads and what we get for selling apps on iTunes pay our salaries, so I'm not going to complain too loudly about the ads. :o)

Posted Nov 11, '10 at 6:48am

zonic98

zonic98

485 posts

:) well,i would agree.

Posted Nov 12, '10 at 8:38pm

shayneii

shayneii

2,436 posts

I question why you would want ads tailored to you.. they'd be even more distracting IMO.

And why would you want to give up your personal info to random companies for targeted ads in the first place...?

Posted Nov 12, '10 at 8:59pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,549 posts

Exactly I don't even use facebook or post even remotely significant things on the Internet. The last thing I want is ad companies building up a profile on me.

Posted Nov 13, '10 at 5:08pm

PrideRage

PrideRage

147 posts

I totally agree with Darkroot.
Those ad companies get so much data about you and you don't notice it.
If there's a little ad next to my AG game I'm not disturbed. But I personally never see an ad on AG.

Although a bit of customization would be great, but can't be realized.

Try living with the negative stuff.
If you can live with the bad things it will get easier over time to ignore the ads.

Posted Nov 13, '10 at 9:34pm

Roadripper

Roadripper

1,465 posts

I don't know why anyone would want ads tailored to them.. creepy xD

~RR~

Posted Nov 14, '10 at 2:10pm

thaboss

thaboss

882 posts

I would never give out any personal info to ad companies. Not even my gender. just ignore the ads like everybody else does.

Reply to customize ads

You must be logged in to post a reply!