ForumsNews and FeedbackPublic (Open) Beta Schedule

82 17080
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

After our webdev meeting, we've decided on some "open beta" dates and some other information.

November 22nd will be our next beta software release. It'll happen similar to how we rolled out the beta sign-up page, some time between 10am and 6pm California time. (We're currently -8 hours from UTC/GMT)

When we do that software release, a few things will happen:

1. More features will be added to the site for our closed beta users, including bug fixes. We'll actually have games to play!

2. A bulk newsletter will be sent to all users who signed up for the beta, letting them know what we've been working on.

3. Some quantity of users will receive their invite codes. We don't know how many we'll send out yet, or whether we'll "throttle" the Email setup to send them out over several days or all at once. They will be sent to users in the order they signed up, and we will not manually activate any additional users.

Once we send out this quantity of invite codes, other users will need to wait until our next software release (scheduled for Dec 6th) when we'll send out another quantity of invite codes.

One more note about the closed beta, since I've been seeing some questions about it: We are not adding any more users to the closed beta. Moderators have no extra powers when it comes to the beta, so please don't bother them with requests. Similarly, they have no way to control who gets an invite code or not during the upcoming software releases.

Questions?

• 82 Replies
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

There are more you just have to refresh.

Ian still wants some Dr. Pepper.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

John: "i'm having bathroom bug troubles at the moment"

lolwut

Bathroom Bug Troubles?
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

The blue square on the left side is a 'feedback' button for linking to GetSatisfaction. Take a screenshot of it and post it on GS for us.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Ian still wants some Dr. Pepper.

We're STILL out... and I'm running out of spare change from the bowl on my desk to go buy it from a vending machine.

Hmm, wonder if I'd get in trouble if a few (dozen) of you started posting on Dan's profile to go get some more... Joey needs more 7-Up too.

As far as the user selection from AG2 went, Freak is here in America, MrDayCee is in Europe, and knight_34 is in Australia or New Zealand, which helps us for finding time-of-day bugs, that sort of thing too.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Meh, I'll go do it, if I get in trouble I'll blame your terrible influence.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

wow cool!! LOL I LIKE Z SHINE POSTER!!! AG SHINE POSTER!

i would do it(email ya boss about dr.pepper), but... i now better than to listen to Ian all the time! LOL XD JK only JK! don't worry Ian i always listen!!

NO, it is the a cursed blue square!! i like that better, i mean "feedback button" sounds boorrriinnggggg!! lol jk!

(just so ya now JK means just kinding!! i use it a lot as you can see!! LOL ROFL XD!!!!!!!! not JK!!!! LOL)
i know i'm laughing at my self i just can't help it! it is all so funny shiney posters and all!

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Here in America, if we find questionable weeds or herbs, we don't let our children have them.

That blue square should be fixed. Somehow. It's not a bother, just a "wut?" kinda deal.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Shouldn't it be relatively simple to isolate the problem? With some tinkering in the HTML and some Firefox add-ons you should be able to see what exactly the problem is and then deduce it's origin.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We also need to know the OS/Browser you're using when you see the missing elements on that Feedback square so we can try to reproduce it on our side. )

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

That is to say, if you haven't already posted that info on GetSatisfaction, please do so.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Mmk, it's edited.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

uh what!!! what are you talking about!?!?

Here in America, if we find questionable weeds or herbs, we don't let our children have them

i happen to live in America! are you trying to say some thing! about me!?!? please frank, don't do that! i was just being a little silly!! ( i was not yelling just superised)
just so you know i happen to no a lot about herbs.
sorry if i sounded out of controal or wack or something. i just don't know how you could get that. and comment about it in that way!
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Here in America, if we find questionable weeds or herbs, we don't let our children have them.

Gavin Degraw has a good song about how we raise our kids with "don't do drugs" sternly preached at them, but we're happy to stuff them with Ritalin and other kid drugs ourselves as parents.

Back on topic though ...

We may roll out some enhancements for the closed beta users next week (maaaybe), but we'll definitely do a code release on the 22nd when we open the beta to a handful of users. Still trying to figure out how many. Maybe I'll dish out 50 or so invites every day, we'll see.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

If you're rolling out the whole shibang, then 100 is fine, but if it's only partially, then that may be too many. That's my take on it though.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

No, not the whole thing, just the next set of features.

Showing 46-60 of 82