ForumsNews and FeedbackPublic (Open) Beta Schedule

82 17043
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

After our webdev meeting, we've decided on some "open beta" dates and some other information.

November 22nd will be our next beta software release. It'll happen similar to how we rolled out the beta sign-up page, some time between 10am and 6pm California time. (We're currently -8 hours from UTC/GMT)

When we do that software release, a few things will happen:

1. More features will be added to the site for our closed beta users, including bug fixes. We'll actually have games to play!

2. A bulk newsletter will be sent to all users who signed up for the beta, letting them know what we've been working on.

3. Some quantity of users will receive their invite codes. We don't know how many we'll send out yet, or whether we'll "throttle" the Email setup to send them out over several days or all at once. They will be sent to users in the order they signed up, and we will not manually activate any additional users.

Once we send out this quantity of invite codes, other users will need to wait until our next software release (scheduled for Dec 6th) when we'll send out another quantity of invite codes.

One more note about the closed beta, since I've been seeing some questions about it: We are not adding any more users to the closed beta. Moderators have no extra powers when it comes to the beta, so please don't bother them with requests. Similarly, they have no way to control who gets an invite code or not during the upcoming software releases.

Questions?

• 82 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

50-100 invites a day, right? And it depended on the order that the user registered.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Jeeez! I looked it up on wiki. It just doesn't sell in my area. Or any surrounding area. AG3's in about seven days right?

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

LOL I don't visit this thread for about 7 days and it turned into a 'Fizzy Drink Debate'!
But I won't go near that topic here on AG... *winks at Ian* :P

I've been busy with loads of stuff lately... (for the people wondering whether I've vanished! LOL) ...but I'm still alive and kicking! And eager to digg my hands into AG3 beta soil! =D

According to the posts made over the last days, I understand the Open Beta will be 'opened' for several users (50-100 at a time), but will the Closed Beta be opened BEFORE that for us (Freak, Knight, etc.) to try out some more stuff?
This might have been discussed before in this thread, but I got squared eyes after several pages of catching up since my last post here, so I might have missed it in the process... :/

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

sorry Efan just joking no hirt ment!! sorry Ian, no more Dr. Pepper! it all stop here V

so do we have to re sign up for beta? or deos the first sign up still count for the other open betas?

is it 50-100 users at a time can go on?!?!?! or 50-100 users are give a code to go to the beta and any number can go on (well at the severs ability, ya know what i mean! LOL)?

i did nocie ya it seemed like ya vanished!glad ya back (and kicking! *kicks* owwww hey!)square eyes!! wow! cool or painfull... JK.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

but will the Closed Beta be opened BEFORE that for us (Freak, Knight, etc.) to try out some more stuff?

The set date for the Open beta is at the 22nd, so we will be running before then. And since we are already installed in the system, well, we are in the Open beta also. While Ian imposes a new countdown to Open beta and the users wait for that, we will probably be swimmin' around there looking for any last kinks in the home page before any new features.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I'm about to write a new post about the open beta, stay tuned.

Showing 76-81 of 82