ForumsNews and FeedbackPublic (Open) Beta Schedule

82 17077
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

After our webdev meeting, we've decided on some "open beta" dates and some other information.

November 22nd will be our next beta software release. It'll happen similar to how we rolled out the beta sign-up page, some time between 10am and 6pm California time. (We're currently -8 hours from UTC/GMT)

When we do that software release, a few things will happen:

1. More features will be added to the site for our closed beta users, including bug fixes. We'll actually have games to play!

2. A bulk newsletter will be sent to all users who signed up for the beta, letting them know what we've been working on.

3. Some quantity of users will receive their invite codes. We don't know how many we'll send out yet, or whether we'll "throttle" the Email setup to send them out over several days or all at once. They will be sent to users in the order they signed up, and we will not manually activate any additional users.

Once we send out this quantity of invite codes, other users will need to wait until our next software release (scheduled for Dec 6th) when we'll send out another quantity of invite codes.

One more note about the closed beta, since I've been seeing some questions about it: We are not adding any more users to the closed beta. Moderators have no extra powers when it comes to the beta, so please don't bother them with requests. Similarly, they have no way to control who gets an invite code or not during the upcoming software releases.

Questions?

• 82 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

They're not even there. There are placeholders for the game categories, but clicking on them doesn't do anything.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Right now we're testing some very basic functions. The site is somewhat bare-bones.

See when Cormyn told us that the closed testers would be performing all the mundane tasks.

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

lets say i signed up the first day. but i didn't add AG to my contacts like it said. what are the chances that the message was never caught by my e-mail?

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

[quote=Signup page]
Ian: "hey Dan, can we get some more Diet Dr Pepper?[/quote]
Ha nice, lol XD

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

So right now AG3 is a big shiny poster?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

lets say i signed up the first day. but i didn't add AG to my contacts like it said. what are the chances that the message was never caught by my e-mail?

If it's not on your contacts list, then your email provider probably labeled it as spam, as it's an automatic message. Have you checked if you had the "thank you" reply?
XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

If it's not on your contacts list, then your email provider probably labeled it as spam, as it's an automatic message. Have you checked if you had the "thank you" reply?

well its not in my spam folder and not much ever is... and i get a lot of spam in my inbox. and there is no "thank you" reply but now i know what to look for if it does come (:
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

From what everyone else says, you get a "thank you" reply after immediately signing up. I never got one since I'm in Closed, but....your comment suggests you never got it, so...

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

yeah... i went ahead and added them and re-signed up... hope that isn't bad

vance199510
vance199510
32 posts
Nomad

Yea as soon as you submit your email in the public beta sign-up page its sends you an email.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I signed up for the open beta and received a thank you reply immediately. An hour later I received an invitation to the closed beta.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

(psst that's because you got it from Ian)

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Freak, you should have gotten a welcome email when I added you to the system earlier Monday morning.

But yes, we attempt to send it to you immediatelywhen you submit your Email address.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

THAT'S what that was? I thought that was part 1/2 of explaining what the Beta testing was about, part 2 being the actual invitation. Huh...

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I know Frank, I know. I received two e-mails. One being from Ian concerning the closed beta and the other being the thank you/info reply for the open beta.

I found my first bug.. Yikes.

Showing 16-30 of 82