ForumsNews and FeedbackPublic (Open) Beta Schedule

82 17085
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

After our webdev meeting, we've decided on some "open beta" dates and some other information.

November 22nd will be our next beta software release. It'll happen similar to how we rolled out the beta sign-up page, some time between 10am and 6pm California time. (We're currently -8 hours from UTC/GMT)

When we do that software release, a few things will happen:

1. More features will be added to the site for our closed beta users, including bug fixes. We'll actually have games to play!

2. A bulk newsletter will be sent to all users who signed up for the beta, letting them know what we've been working on.

3. Some quantity of users will receive their invite codes. We don't know how many we'll send out yet, or whether we'll "throttle" the Email setup to send them out over several days or all at once. They will be sent to users in the order they signed up, and we will not manually activate any additional users.

Once we send out this quantity of invite codes, other users will need to wait until our next software release (scheduled for Dec 6th) when we'll send out another quantity of invite codes.

One more note about the closed beta, since I've been seeing some questions about it: We are not adding any more users to the closed beta. Moderators have no extra powers when it comes to the beta, so please don't bother them with requests. Similarly, they have no way to control who gets an invite code or not during the upcoming software releases.

Questions?

• 82 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

The one you made almost a day ago? Looks like a simple underscore problem. Other symbols might be wrong too; you never know. I wonder if the underscore and hyphen exploits are still in effect for beta....

Hey guys I'll be right back :P

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I know it's an underscore problem. Hopefully it will be fixed. At least this &quotroblem" has been spotted quickly.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Stop rubbing your obvious superiority in our faces you two

jk love you both<3

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

One more note about the closed beta, since I've been seeing some questions about it: We are not adding any more users to the closed beta.

*sobs* Silly school...how thee annoy me...

Well, I guess I'll wait until the next phase. It is good to see that something is finally happening!
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Well, I guess I'll wait until the next phase. It is good to see that something is finally happening!

Yep, and really it's not like the 22nd is so far away. It's less than 2 weeks now, and I doubt that there is much to do in closed beta at the moment as they have just barely got the site up and running, hence the reason that they don't need anymore closed testers. First open beta groups are usually the most fun anyway, at least from my experience on sites, as by that time there is more content, more functionality, and less bugginess.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Walker is just trying to comfort us regular honest Joes' :'

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Hey, take my word for it. The only thing we're testing right now are the login functions.

I'm still loving it though.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Can you log out

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I cannot even log in with my knight_34 account. I needed to use my alt.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Basically our job is to make sure the Open beta testers can get in without hundreds of the same problems happening. We are not running around the different parts of the new site happy as can be; we are testing, testing, testing the home page and finding out why Knight's main account can't log in, why me and DayCee cannot keep our cookies intact, and why there is a strange blue square on the left side of the screen :S

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Is Mr DayCee constantly on the test site? If so, he's probably thinking he's in some sort of AG heaven.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

There's not much on the test site to be there "constantly".

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

He seemed very excited about it though

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

You can't get him to stop talking about it! But yeah, he has good enthusiasm for beta. I imagine he's sleeping now...So during the night time hours, I have two partners in crime, but during the day, it's just widdle ol' me.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

John: "sexy!

Ha!...was that supposed to be on the bottom of the signup page?
Showing 31-45 of 82