ForumsNews and FeedbackPublic (Open) Beta Schedule

82 17045
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

After our webdev meeting, we've decided on some "open beta" dates and some other information.

November 22nd will be our next beta software release. It'll happen similar to how we rolled out the beta sign-up page, some time between 10am and 6pm California time. (We're currently -8 hours from UTC/GMT)

When we do that software release, a few things will happen:

1. More features will be added to the site for our closed beta users, including bug fixes. We'll actually have games to play!

2. A bulk newsletter will be sent to all users who signed up for the beta, letting them know what we've been working on.

3. Some quantity of users will receive their invite codes. We don't know how many we'll send out yet, or whether we'll "throttle" the Email setup to send them out over several days or all at once. They will be sent to users in the order they signed up, and we will not manually activate any additional users.

Once we send out this quantity of invite codes, other users will need to wait until our next software release (scheduled for Dec 6th) when we'll send out another quantity of invite codes.

One more note about the closed beta, since I've been seeing some questions about it: We are not adding any more users to the closed beta. Moderators have no extra powers when it comes to the beta, so please don't bother them with requests. Similarly, they have no way to control who gets an invite code or not during the upcoming software releases.

Questions?

• 82 Replies
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

We may roll out some enhancements for the closed beta users next week (maaaybe), but we'll definitely do a code release on the 22nd when we open the beta to a handful of users. Still trying to figure out how many. Maybe I'll dish out 50 or so invites every day, we'll see.

Looking forward to it Ian! I got on late when beta was first opened so it might be a while though for me... :P
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

James: "dammit ian, why'd you tell everyone about my Hello Kitty credit card?

Are we supposed to se random quotes at the bottom of the page?
samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

Are we supposed to se random quotes at the bottom of the page?

Well I've noticed that they have a set number of quotes to randomly show at the bottom of the page. And are probably adding more.

Ian: "hey Dan, can we get some more Diet Dr Pepper?"
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Entirely satirical I presume Gave a good chuckle for the members. I suppose it's to breathe a sigh of relief that you're (mostly) done with 3.0. That would be something to celebrate about

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I suppose it's to breathe a sigh of relief that you're (mostly) done with 3.0.

Actually he needs the Dr Pepper to keep him awake as they will be up all night programming D:
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Paxz is right on that one... We've been working pretty hard on it. For me and Dr Pepper though, I'm just an addict, plain and simple. )

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

haha and you laugh at me ! Dr. pepper addict ( i am not what u acuss me of!)!!! lol! well hope you guts get through it all, coding is tuff! all that code only for one thing! it gets tiering! good thing you guys got good programers (at least in my sight...)! i wounder if ya'll will get more members because of the hype or some thing? (not saying it is all hype but ya know what i mean).

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

i wounder if ya'll will get more members because of the hype or some thing?

The user count is increasing at a good amount and AG3 isn't done yet!
What's Dr pepper Cormyn? A drink with pepper as the main ingredient?
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Efan I sincerely hope you were joking. To not know what Dr.Pepper is, could be considered a crime in some places.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

~jawdrop~

........ HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU NOT KNOW WHAT DR.PEPPER IS?!?!?!?!?!?!

T-T
Dr.Pepper is only the best drink ever. I admit that I'm an addict.
I also love the cherry flavor. It alot better than Cokes cherry flavor.

To make this relevant to the topic at the top, I would like to say that I am anticipating the open beta. Very much so.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

sorry but... Dr. pepper is only a 6/10 to me but i would do good for a job to keep ya awake! but root beer! 100000/10!!! lol *turns back, dr. pepper lover thoughs knife, hit me* X_X . lol

but realy where you joking! i mean just walk up to that big square box called a "drink fountin" and look at the small boxes with sticks coming from the bottom (soda despenser) and read. find the one that seys "Dr.Pepper" and hold the cup (hopefull you have paid for it by now!)up to the stick and push a little, soda should come out. (if not cry loudly "WHYYYYYYYY MEE" or " NOOOOO THE APOCALIPSE&quot, then hold the cup to the mouth and drink, and let those 37 (or 36?) flaves sit on you tounge and saver the moment... then do a refill, meaning just repeat the diretions.

wait, if you repeat then will you just stand there all your life and refill? and sorry not ment in angrey or to make you feel stupid, just making a joke.

I know off topic but i was saving some poor sodaless man!

it would be neat to see the change of members from pre-AG3 to open and non-beta AG3!

waluigi
waluigi
1,948 posts
Shepherd

nd let those 37 (or 36?) flaves sit on you tounge and saver the moment... then do a refill, meaning just repeat the diretions.

Your a little off there. It's 23 flavors. Anyway, Dr. Pepper is wildly popular around here (don't know if it is where you are Efan). We have ads now that have the slogan "trust me, I'm a doctor" featuring famous people like Gene Simmons. Still, not hearing of Dr. Pepper is...amazing.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Guys, enough about Dr Pepper, or I'll have to lock the thread.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

For the record - I'm with Efan. I just know its a drink with a red can.

/Dr Pepper Discussion.

Cormyn, do you have an estimate for how many invites will be sent out on the 22nd? (It was the 22nd, right?)

Showing 61-75 of 82