Shepherd

tell you phobia and why

well i am afraid of certain spider cause they can be poisnious

• 9 Replies
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I kinda have a phobiea of mirrors because they seem to always be looking at me when I am NOT looking at them. i am not crazy, repeat I AM NOT BLANKITY CRAZY (kidding bout that blankity thing)

kanethebrain
kanethebrain
242 posts
Nomad

I'm not sure how this is a World Event... Then again, if you have a really big phobia I suppose it could go here

I try to face my fears once I realize I have them, and eliminate them. Doesn't always work thought. I am somewhat afraid of failure, but I am more afraid of not trying.

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

Well Im afraid of hights, I don't know why thought, ever since was small I was afraide. But then again Im afraid if it dose not have some sort of protection or support ex: raillings and "stuff"..

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

im afraid of rejection

Navnlose
Navnlose
109 posts
Nomad

i have quite a few... first i dont like mirrors because of the same reason as thoadthetoad and i dont like being sick either and i think that goes back to when i was a baby and had a clef pallet (a hole at the top of my mouth) and if i was sick there was a chance i could choke because there was nothing stopping it getting into my airpipe anyway my phobias also include hights, small spaces and insects... so yeah i got quite a lot...=/

KichiProwerxX
KichiProwerxX
140 posts
Nomad

I'm Scared Of Scary Things. XD

I'm Scared Of Small Places... O.o

thegrim23
thegrim23
173 posts
Nomad

I'm scared of spiders(arachnophobia).

gotcha84
gotcha84
57 posts
Nomad

I'm scared of heights (like small heights: tops of buildings, ferris wheels, stuff like that), but I'd love to go sky-diving one day.

I guess its that I'm afraid that I'll fall off when I'm not supposed to, but when sky-diving you're supposed to fall, so there's nothing for me to be afraid of.

I don't HATE insects..... I just don't LIKE them.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I'm sorry, but my psych background is kicking it.

Phobia - an irrational, intense, persistent fear of certain situations, activities, things, or persons. The main symptom of this disorder is the excessive, unreasonable desire to avoid the feared subject. When the fear is beyond one's control, or if the fear is interfering with daily life, then a diagnosis under one of the anxiety disorders can be made.

Meaning, a general fear of something is not necessarily a phobia.

Now, this topic already exists in the Tavern.

Showing 1-9 of 9