ForumsNews and FeedbackRetirement Page

19 4957
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

This is kind of half a thought but, for all the old users to AG2 what if there was a link on their AG3 account that said something like "Retired Profile". Users could click the link and it would show a screen cap (or just there post, comments, rankings, etc.) of there final AG2 profiles (Maybe some sort of water mark behind it that would say retired so people know it has nothing to do with AG3).

Just a way for old AG2 members to remember their old profiles and feel nostalgia when they click the link to see their old profile.

• 19 Replies
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Anyway it would be so much easier if you just see the BIG and BOLDED font at the top of the user's page. Or there could be a drop down menu somewhere in your control panel saying "Active", "Inactive", "Hiatus", "Retired". And then it would show up on your about in BIG and BOLDED font at the top.

Actually that would be a nice feature to have in AG3 like if you're taking a break or going on vaction to have a profile option that says on break. (and it would also show by all your posts so people could know without looking at your profile).

But I'm talking about archiving the AG2 profiles for AG3, because certain information of AG2 profiles will be migrated (obviously like your user name etc.) but once your new AG3 profiles up there won't really be a way to go back to your AG2 profile. So I was suggesting a way to see a screencap of your old AG2 profile (the moment before it was deleted) on AG3. The retired watermark would have been added so not to confuse new AG3 users as to what they were looking at.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

O_O @DayCee pic

ROFL! Yes Freak, I had the exact same reaction when I zoomed out completely...
I never knew I had so much stuff inserted! 0_o
Oh well... keeps me busy and occupied at times!

@ Reton8 : I know what you mean, but on the text used in the 'about section', there's a simple solution! Just go to your personal 'control panel' and copy the text written there onto a wordpad (or similar program) for future use! This way the html text is saved too!

And the option mentioned by Freak about the 'retirement' or 'break' works best if you ask me... simply post this on the top side of your about and everyone will know what's up!
KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

i reminds me of (sorry) rightwrong's!!! it is so big!!!!! thit would look like a big blur with blury pictures!
how do you comment on your profile!!!! with all that stuff!! lol XD

i realy think just looking at the cache is the best option and not making the hard workers at AG have to do more and things that can be done with other things.

but i like the break idea but that can be done manualy or with the "user active" devise if they are going to make a new one. are they going to make a new one? i don't remimber if it was talked about. i think it was.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

As I've already said, users will be able to see that a particular user was part of AG2, and their AG2 stats, and once AG3 goes live, AG2 won't be accessible any longer, so there's nothing to mark as "retired" on the site.

And we've already said that we're synchronizing all profile data to AG3 already, so any biography changes you make will follow you to the new site. If you *really* want to copy what your profile looks like, use screen capture tools as others recommend in this thread.

That said, I'm gonna lock this thread.

Showing 16-19 of 19