Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Biography

Thread Locked

Posted Nov 15, '10 at 7:06pm

RightwRong

RightwRong

143 posts

Like me, I have a long bio. I think you should have more space for a bio because now when I try to write stuff and save it, it never gets saved. What do you think?

Posted Nov 15, '10 at 7:19pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

64,000 bytes isn't long enough?

Posted Nov 15, '10 at 8:08pm

kingryan

kingryan

4,165 posts

Do you really think someone is going to go through and read all of it.

I think what would be nicer is a 'Show all' button, because it is annoying to have to scroll all the way down.

The current limit is good enough.

Posted Nov 15, '10 at 8:18pm

1337Player

1337Player

1,773 posts

A show all button would be nice.

The current limit is good enough.

Posted Nov 15, '10 at 8:20pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

I agree. Maybe, if it's over a certain length, we'll truncate it with a "view all" link or something.

Posted Nov 16, '10 at 5:50pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,137 posts

truncate it with a "view all" link

When looking at my own about... that might be handy! LOL

But I think the option to split it up into several parts is better suited for people (me... *gulps*) with an urge to make up an extensive sheet of text! =)

Posted Nov 16, '10 at 5:55pm

Matrix159

Matrix159

256 posts

Wow, I looked at your profile RightwRong, and that is one big bio. =O

Posted Nov 16, '10 at 6:08pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,137 posts

And I too have to bow with dignity there... 0_o

I thought my bio was long, but this... man... *bows humbly*

Posted Nov 16, '10 at 6:53pm

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

Current limit is quite fine.

More so, I often wonder why it was necessary to put all that stuff on a profile. All those tests, bunnies, guns, song lyrics, random.... stuff that is random, and that I am just going to scroll past, if my computer would let me.
And, as a mod, I generally like the shorter abouts better. Is easier to get to the messenger and leave my request/warning/help.
(Funnily enough, the ban-button is muuuuch easier to get to, than going down and warn someone. Good thing I am only lazy with backgrounds or art in general.)

Posted Nov 17, '10 at 12:37am

KyahcoSukaimasutae

KyahcoSukaimasutae

314 posts

if you have to have a see more button it is to long!! i looked at your bio ,rightwrong, way to long!! and my computer did not like it! (not saying much! i have a 10year old laptop!!! it is very hevy and has low disk drive!!! i had a desktop yonger that my laptop!!!!! hey it works and i'm a computer type of guy so i now how to keep it up!) 64,000 bytes!
sheesh.! i think the limit should be smaller!!!! boy mabey i should make a cool looking pic with letters and wast time for the fun of it at that amount!!!! lol XD

cenere i sherh hope you are not that lazy!!!!