ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Biography

Thread Locked

Posted Nov 17, '10 at 11:56pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,962 posts

Knight

Heh, thanks for the ideas. We'll probably keep the language simple like "click here to view their full profile biography"

Posted Nov 18, '10 at 12:16am

KyahcoSukaimasutae

KyahcoSukaimasutae

322 posts

your welcome!

"click here to view their full profile biography"

that seems to long to me but i get what you mean.
some thig small would be best for slow computers!
like "read more" or some thing, i gave a few.
i have notesed my computer does not like long links or buttons. well hope larry and all ya'll figure it out!!!
(no i am not a texern, i don't no where me ya'lling came from...)

Posted Nov 18, '10 at 5:04pm

mrtim

mrtim

2,907 posts

I think the best way is to maybe have less than now (maybe 4-5 ish lines) of bio, then have a link that says "Read/show more" and then have a link also "Read/show less" after they clicked the more link.

Posted Nov 18, '10 at 6:11pm

shayneii

shayneii

2,688 posts

I think the best way is to maybe have less than now (maybe 4-5 ish lines) of bio, then have a link that says "Read/show more" and then have a link also "Read/show less" after they clicked the more link.

I agree with this.

But I think 4-5 is a bit short, but it doesn't matter too much.

Posted Nov 18, '10 at 6:13pm

mrtim

mrtim

2,907 posts

But I think 4-5 is a bit short, but it doesn't matter too much.

I don't mind, the main thing is to actually see the comments of the profile without scrolling down too much, when the about is mostly hidden.

Posted Nov 18, '10 at 7:03pm

KyahcoSukaimasutae

KyahcoSukaimasutae

322 posts

hmmm

i like that idea if i read some and then don't want to deal with it any more! lol but that button would be sent to the bottom! and then ya have to do the end and page up trick!
and making it at the top is the same problem, but if you saw that is was to much to read it would be easyer if the "show less" button was on the top. but such is life with this all!

yah i agree, 4-5 lines is to small. maybe a 1Kb or so. or half a Kb.

Posted Nov 19, '10 at 10:07pm

RightwRong

RightwRong

188 posts

So does what does that mean? Your all jumbled and I dont know what to do.

Posted Nov 20, '10 at 6:16pm

Unkown

Unkown

977 posts

I think that about 600 words should be enough.

Posted Nov 20, '10 at 8:20pm

Pazx

Pazx

6,125 posts

and making it at the top is the same problem, but if you saw that is was to much to read it would be easyer if the "show less" button was on the top. but such is life with this all!

It could be at the bottom and top.

Or better yet **NEW IDEA YAY :D** there could be a little bar at the top of the screen that stayed at the top of your monitor even when you scrolled, and that could have the "community" "help" etc buttons as well as the "Show more/less" buttons for profiles :D

Posted Nov 20, '10 at 11:38pm

KyahcoSukaimasutae

KyahcoSukaimasutae

322 posts

uh, all i did was miss one coma

i like that idea(,) if i read some and then don't want to deal with it any more!

the coma in the () is added. it is that easy! and...
So does what does that mean?

come on! sorry but please...

i tought of that idea but it seemed like to much to do but i did not think of adding all that!!! that is a nice idea! but would be a little hard, but i think google has a thing that helps make web gaget bars. i think?