ForumsNews and FeedbackBiography

26 5570
RightwRong
RightwRong
184 posts
Nomad

Like me, I have a long bio. I think you should have more space for a bio because now when I try to write stuff and save it, it never gets saved. What do you think?

• 26 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

64,000 bytes isn't long enough?

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Do you really think someone is going to go through and read all of it.

I think what would be nicer is a 'Show all' button, because it is annoying to have to scroll all the way down.

The current limit is good enough.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

A show all button would be nice.

The current limit is good enough.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I agree. Maybe, if it's over a certain length, we'll truncate it with a "view all" link or something.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

truncate it with a "view all" link

When looking at my own about... that might be handy! LOL

But I think the option to split it up into several parts is better suited for people (me... *gulps*) with an urge to make up an extensive sheet of text! =)
Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

Wow, I looked at your profile RightwRong, and that is one big bio. =O

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

And I too have to bow with dignity there... 0_o

I thought my bio was long, but this... man... *bows humbly*

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Current limit is quite fine.

More so, I often wonder why it was necessary to put all that stuff on a profile. All those tests, bunnies, guns, song lyrics, random.... stuff that is random, and that I am just going to scroll past, if my computer would let me.
And, as a mod, I generally like the shorter abouts better. Is easier to get to the messenger and leave my request/warning/help.
(Funnily enough, the ban-button is muuuuch easier to get to, than going down and warn someone. Good thing I am only lazy with backgrounds or art in general.)

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

if you have to have a see more button it is to long!! i looked at your bio ,rightwrong, way to long!! and my computer did not like it! (not saying much! i have a 10year old laptop!!! it is very hevy and has low disk drive!!! i had a desktop yonger that my laptop!!!!! hey it works and i'm a computer type of guy so i now how to keep it up!) 64,000 bytes!
sheesh.! i think the limit should be smaller!!!! boy mabey i should make a cool looking pic with letters and wast time for the fun of it at that amount!!!! lol XD

cenere i sherh hope you are not that lazy!!!!

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Cen, a short-cut, if I may ... when you load the user profile, hit your End key to jump to the bottom of the page, and then PageUp to get to the comment area. )

I mentioned the "click to see more" link idea to Larry, no feedback yet. Maybe he's still trying to load that profile page (or reading it)

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Cen, a short-cut, if I may ... when you load the user profile, hit your End key to jump to the bottom of the page, and then PageUp to get to the comment area. )

I know, but sometimes my computer lag so much that I have to press End several times to get down there, because it only loads a small portion of the about at the time.
My computer is an oldie.

cenere i sherh hope you are not that lazy!!!!

Do not worry, I am one of the mods the other mods dislike, because I have to make sure people understand what they are doing wrong and why, and not just ban them for what they did.

Also a "show all" button would be nice to those who don't make the link to go straight to their messengers. Another idea is that this link will automatically be put on one's about, this was discussed before. But Either one or even both would suit me.

I did something like it on my profile once. Uploaded all my crap to a deviantART journal, and posted a link.
KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

ohhhh speacel trick! thanks even though you where not talking to me! LOL

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Larry thinks we should shorten bio's to 1kb (1,024 characters), or allow a slightly longer length but only show the first few hundred bytes or something.

RightwRong
RightwRong
184 posts
Nomad

You know what I was thinking? Do you think it would be okay if I made another account and put my bio on there?

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

I think its enought but its funny people ask what you like and your about really says it all sometimes.

Showing 1-15 of 26