ForumsNews and FeedbackBesides AP

21 7828
Peter20
Peter20
543 posts
Peasant

good news i came up wiht a super fantastic new idea!!!!!!!!!?!
you know how we have a leader board for who has the most AP and the most active member? well we should have ones for who has the most form posts and who has the most comments and also who has the most game ratings games submited and merits

ex:

most form posts:
1.player1-3,000
2.player2-2,999

most merits:
1.player3-5
2.player4-3

most comments:
1.player5-1,654
2.player6-1,233

most game rates:
1.player7-981
2.player8-722

most games submited:
1.player9-52
2.player10-47

comments concerns questions suggestions?

• 21 Replies
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

I say just take away the comments and game rates and it'll be okay. But the thing is, this will probably attract a bit more spammers so that they can be on the leader board.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

AG3 may do away with merits, so that one's out.
AG3 forums haven't been decided yet, so that's debatable.
Most comments = too much spam to validate.
Game ratings = too much spam

waluigi
waluigi
1,948 posts
Shepherd

What do you mean by "AG3 forums haven't been decided yet"? You aren't meaning to do away with them, are you? (sorry if this has already been covered )

ABarOfSoap
ABarOfSoap
230 posts
Nomad

They're not sure yet. And if they are, it hasn't been released yet.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@ waluigi : yes, that has been covered before and it was stated that AG is lloking for ways to deal with the forae right now... it's not sure whether they will migrate the whole thing or start fresh yet.

(Sorry, couldn't find the specific thread that mentioned it...)

waluigi
waluigi
1,948 posts
Shepherd

Thank you Mr. Daycee. This just goes to show how much I need to catch up on in this part of the forum.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

uhm it does not seem needed i think Ian is right

AG3 may do away with merits, so that one's out.
AG3 forums haven't been decided yet, so that's debatable.
Most comments = too much spam to validate.
Game ratings = too much spam

(but i still think we should do a no pionts merits. but then i geuss that is fixed with rep... sorry off topic!)

it seems you would get to many people just doing it for piont. i don't know why people do that but they do, what are pionts for any way? to modeavat people? it seem to just make people fight for "POWER". i under stand rank as little because it shows the amount of time and effort one puts. but to get ranks you need a piont or rep system... so it all seems to be an endless trouble and war of "the spammer that wants power" VS the "nice guy who just loves to play game and/or loves the community", and the nice guy is trying to stop all the spammers while the spammer fight for FAKE &quotower". (not puting every one in those to groups, or ranting and raving, just saying). realy, does any one pay atition to piont or rank?

i know i just made a big sensetive bomb... i don't mean to hert feelinngs! just the ahnest truth... sorry for any hert made.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

The way I see it, the AP is there to show how much you contributed to AG (whether good or bad, it's recorded). There will be better ways to fight spam, so the AP in the future may be more "credible". In the long run, rank and forum posts really don't matter, but again, it's contribution to the site, and this could generally be a factor in your "fame".

If anything, we should have a "ranked reputation" page, but since there's no clue as to how that will work out, maybe it will be best to hold that off until another time.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I understand everything you say 'KyahcoSukaimasutae', but there's one thing you overlooked here...

Just remember this: a lot (probably 75%) of the ArmorGames users like to come here to gain points and have their place in the rankings as some sort of 'trophy' to show off... so doing away with these features would be a senseless thing to do! People who come here are part of a gaming community in several ways and making them come back and participate in it is what the goal is for a website like ArmorGames...

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

i know... i just was saying. i was not saying to do away with it. the rep system will sovle a lot of it all. the people that have more rep are the people that are realy in the whole game (well site , commuity more), if you know what i mean.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Well, you made it sound as if you were proposing to do away with the whole system of gaining AP alltogether, so that's why I replied in that way...

True, a lot of problems will be solved with the new points system, but always keep in mind that there will be users who try to gain as much points in as little time possible, just for the sake of having a place up there on the leader boards... =/

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Well, if you guys paid attention to how the Rep/AP systems are being built in AG3, you'd understand that while AP isn't going away, it's certainly not going to advance as rapidly as it has on AG2.

Most of the AG2 AP system is based on community involvement, which is what we're changing into our reputation system. Except you won't get points for everything you post, you'll only get (or lose) reputation if people like/dislike what you post.

The new AG3 AP system will be gameplay-based. Submit a high score, get AP. Submit some shared game content, get AP.

I don't know if game submission will be rep-based or not. ie, if you submit a game, and it gets picked for the site, should we give you AP for submitting a game? Or, grant you reputation points for everyone that likes the game? Or both? etc. We're still working out some of those details.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

what if people just don't like the person at all...and they just keep disliking all persons post just so the reputation goes down?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

I don't know if game submission will be rep-based or not. ie, if you submit a game, and it gets picked for the site, should we give you AP for submitting a game? Or, grant you reputation points for everyone that likes the game? Or both? etc. We're still working out some of those details.

Truth be told, it can be like AG2, since game developers aren't really submitting games for virtual points... But if a system were to be installed for submitting games, I would like it to be both, just so the developers get a nice package of AP for submitting a game, and are able to see just how the community thinks about their games. Here's another question for Cormyn. Should the game have a separate like/dislike button for the developer to gain/lose reputation, or should that be entirely based on what rating the game gets? I can see a 4.5/10 rated game that will make the developer have quite the negative rep score.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

GhostofMatrix, I've been looking at some algorithms that track who rates something up/down, and we can always figure out WHO has rated something down, and then look for patterns like "GhostOfMatrix votes up Freakenstein" 80% of the time, or "cormyn always votes down Freakenstein" 99% of the time, etc., and after some threshold we could just lower the amount of reputation given/removed based on that relationship. This way, if the same group of people constantly vote down someone else's comments, their votes will not be worth as much in the long run (towards that user), and we could also flag those users as flag abusers and maybe just remove their ability to like/disklike something by users they abuse (for good or bad)

Showing 1-15 of 21