ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 Calendar: November 22, 2010

249 36806
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone, quick update on what's happening next Monday, November 22, 2010. All times are Pacific Standard Time, which is where Los Angeles, California is.

At 9am, I'll be marking all beta registrations to receive their invite codes later in the day. Any beta registrations that come in after 9am will have to wait for our week 3 release on December 6th.

We'll be rolling out some changes to the live beta site and verifying that the code works as intended and doing lots of internal testing.

In the afternoon, when we feel the code base is tested enough, we'll send a newsletter to all users who registered for the beta, even after the 9am cutoff. This newsletter will explain more about what we've been working on, what's in the new release, that sort of thing.

Once that newsletter is sent, I'll work on getting invite codes sent out to everyone who registered before 9am that day, and those users can begin helping with what we'll be calling our "open beta." The Email you'll receive with your invite code will explain what we need from you as beta testers.

It's important to note up front that several things will seem "missing" from the site, such as the forums, leaving comments, rating the games, that sort of thing. Some user profile settings may be available, but as we've already explained, changes you make on beta may get overwritten if you change your AG2 profile later.

The full details of what's going in the beta release, and what major pieces of the site are still missing will be detailed in the newsletter.

Other than questions of "what's in the release" or "what's missing from the release", are there any questions about the process or what will be happening next Monday?

• 249 Replies
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

The new layout is amazing.

Time to get on GetSatisfaction though. I see some minor errors.

Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

It's amazing to see a thread so active that I have to keep reloading the page. =)

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

i hate u guys :'( , i didnt even get one

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

but i guess ill wait a couple hours

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I would go on GS itself, rather than use the feedback button in the side there. It does give you a few already-created topics, but not all of them, so I'm going to reiterate what was said in the email and check all the topics made since today to make sure it's not a duplicate. Making duplicate topics will make an admin take some time out of their work to merge them with the original thread.

Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

We have to be patient. I know I probably won't be getting one for another hour or so. Since it's only 5:42 here and in California it's 2:42, if I'm right. XD

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

I'm logged in but I can't sign in. is that normal?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Logged in, but can't sign in? You mean you're logged in 2.0 but can't sign in 3.0? I don't get what you mean.

At any rate, anything that you may think is a problem or a bug can be posted in GS to be directly looked in. The staff will give you suggestions to check, such as clearing cookies or clearing your cache, and the rest of us beta testers will follow with you to test the same thing. It's how we get things done.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

i'm logged in 2.0 but can't sign in 3.0
Do I log out of AG2?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Sounds like a problem to me! The login for both sites are separate; you can log in to 2.0 and 3.0 at the same time. I would post it in GS, coupled with a screenshot, and see if someone can get in there and help ya out!

metaking
metaking
64 posts
Farmer

and the rest of us beta testers will follow with you to test the same thing

yeaaaah how about you go do that while i... ummm... test the games. not for amusement, just looking for bugs and all that. riiiight...
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Which password do I use. The usual AG2 one? or the emailed code again?

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

To get into the BETA itself you have to use the code that was e-mailed to you. Once you gain access to the BETA is when you actually log in to v3.0

logantheking
logantheking
254 posts
Scribe

I can't find the code in the email

metaking
metaking
64 posts
Farmer

MrTim it was mentioned in the newsletter you couldnt( or at least i think so). did you read it?

Showing 106-120 of 249