ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 Calendar: November 22, 2010

249 36738
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone, quick update on what's happening next Monday, November 22, 2010. All times are Pacific Standard Time, which is where Los Angeles, California is.

At 9am, I'll be marking all beta registrations to receive their invite codes later in the day. Any beta registrations that come in after 9am will have to wait for our week 3 release on December 6th.

We'll be rolling out some changes to the live beta site and verifying that the code works as intended and doing lots of internal testing.

In the afternoon, when we feel the code base is tested enough, we'll send a newsletter to all users who registered for the beta, even after the 9am cutoff. This newsletter will explain more about what we've been working on, what's in the new release, that sort of thing.

Once that newsletter is sent, I'll work on getting invite codes sent out to everyone who registered before 9am that day, and those users can begin helping with what we'll be calling our "open beta." The Email you'll receive with your invite code will explain what we need from you as beta testers.

It's important to note up front that several things will seem "missing" from the site, such as the forums, leaving comments, rating the games, that sort of thing. Some user profile settings may be available, but as we've already explained, changes you make on beta may get overwritten if you change your AG2 profile later.

The full details of what's going in the beta release, and what major pieces of the site are still missing will be detailed in the newsletter.

Other than questions of "what's in the release" or "what's missing from the release", are there any questions about the process or what will be happening next Monday?

• 249 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Ohhh...well sorry, I didn't see it. D:

That's ok, no problem! We're all here to help eachother, right?
But right now, I'm directing my view to the AG3 beta again and try to help the AG WebDev Team! =)

B-bye! =D
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Quite a few people on 24 and 25 didn't read the newsletter on Beta, it seems. Or any of the posts farther back explaining what's going on. We are testing in segments--there will be features that we won't have yet. These are not bugs.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I've found several bugs however and I have a few suggestions but I'm far too lazy to post them on Get Satisfaction

I'm happy to remove you from the beta then ... the point of helping us with the beta is that you're *willing* to tell us bugs that you find.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Being a beta tester is not about frolicking around the site on a whim--it's a job you have to do, since you signed up for it.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Is being a beta tester one of the AG3 achievements?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Efan, yeah, probably. We'll be keeping a list of everyone that signed up for the beta, and will probably work on a way to track who actually helped. And I'm sure we'll have a way to thank people who submitted bug reports, etc., as extra achievements too.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

It would be cool to have achievements for participating in Sword, Claymore, Falchion, etc. but that's considering the fact that the Open beta testers are always in unless they willingly leave. Maybe Closed and Open are the only ones really needed :P

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

wow this topic got long!!! to much to read!

ilike the idea of beta achievenent.
but only those how did some work on it (even if there where andswerd or easy, or so on just an acual report.cuz some times there are very little bugs and so many are found already).

what "Sword" is a code name for one of the beta enterys? i though it was claymore(now), and falchion only(so far)? or was Sword the closed beta?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

I don't know if Closed Beta had a codename made by the team or not, but if not, it's Sword

Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

Well I've tried out a lot of the aspects of the beta looking for bugs and stuff that might supposed to be there, but so far I haven't found much. I like the whole setup though. For some reason I always get logged out of the beta. I don't mean my profile but the whole email and registration key part.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Well, if you can't find bugs, then you can always give out ideas and praise! They like that too

Lesse here...I've mostly given out problems myself, but I've given out 2 praises and a couple ideas. I don't think I gave out questions.

Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

I haven't really said anything on the Get Satisfaction page yet, but I have spoke my opinion about the featured game image.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

"Broadsword" was our closed beta codename.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

You went from a broadsword to a claymore? Pretty impressive upgrade.

tylerjones57
tylerjones57
86 posts
Nomad

Awesome!!!!!! Thanks for the calendar man!!!!!!!!!!

Showing 226-240 of 249