ForumsForum GamesDungeons 'n Dragons 3.5 Forgotten Realms Setting

46375 3024303
DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

Dungeons & Dragons, the oldest RPG in the world, and also one of the easiest to play/run.This is 3.5 D&D, not 4th edition,The First Adventure I shall be running is called "Crown of the Kobold King" This game is pretty much a "Generic Fantasy RPG" set in the Forbidden Realms (Drizzt the Drow ring any bells?). you start at [b]1st level.

Name:
Player:
AgeAll non-humans live longer, except Half-Orcs)
Sex:
Lookshowever technical you want to get)
Race:Human(extra feat/skill),Dwarf(+2 Con,-2 Cha), Elf(+2 Dex,-2 Con), Gnome(+2 Con,-2 Str),Half-Elf,Half-Orc(+2 Str,-2 Int,-2 Cha), Halfling(+2 Dex,-2 Str)

ClassFighter,Rouge,Wizard,Cleric, or pick one from book, see below)
Level:1
Level Equivalency:2(for level adjustment +1 characters)
Attributes:Strength(Str), Dexterity(Dex),Constitution(Con),Intelligence(Int),Wisdom(Wis),Charisma(Cha)

Attribute Bonusessee below)
all start at 8,25 points(just do 15-18=1 for experienced players, it's pretty balanced)

Saves:Fortitude(Con),Reflex(Dex),Will(Wis) (see below)
Hit points:10(Fighter)8(Cleric)6(Rogue)4(Wizard)+Con Bonus
AttackBase Attack Bonus+Str Bonus(Dex bonus for ranged, see below)
Damagebased on weapon + Str bonus 2-handed x 1.5 Str Bonus, see below)
Armor Class(AC):10+Dex Bonus+Armor+Misc(see below)
Featssee below)
Skillssee below)
Equipment:300 gp and Adventurer's Kit(with everything you need like bedrolls and rations and so on) (see below)

I have a PDF of the Player's Handbook, which I will e-mail to you if you don't have a copy, you don't need to memorize it or anything, but it would help to have it handy for this game.If you want to play another race,then No level adjustments above +1.If you give me a good reason to play a race that's not +1 level adjustment I might let you. If you want a different class, just ask(I know all classes for 3.5).

Rules not Used:
-There is no Armor Class Penalty.
-There is no Encumberence, but please be realistic(no portable rams).
-There will not be any Racial Bonuses to anything other than starting attributes.
-To Simplify the Arcane Check Penalty, Wizards cannot wear armor period.
-all Spells are allowed, but I will only list Evocation spells for Wizards and Healing Spells for Clerics in this forum as they are the most martial spells.

"FOR QUICK-PLAY CHARACTERS!"
Feats-
Your feat(s) will be:
(Fighter)Power Attack(-1 Atk,+1 Dam),Cleave(immediatly take another attack if you kill your target, you will need high Str)
(Rouge)Stealthy(+2 Hide/Move Silently)
(Cleric)Improved Turning(+4 to Turn Result)
(Wizard)Spell Focus: Evocation
(Human)Toughness (+3 HP, this is if your race is human and is in addition to your class feat)

Skills-
Your skills will be equal to 4+mods(I'll handle it), you get 1 bonus skill for every point of Int bonus, your starting skills are:
(Fighter) Intimidate, Heal
(Rogue) Hide, Move Silently, Open Lock, Disable Device,Sense Motive, Bluff, Appraise, Pick Pocket,
(Cleric)Diplomacy,Spellcraft,Knowledge(Religion),Heal
(Wizard)Spellcraft,Knowledge(Arcana)

Equipment-
your starting equipment equipment is:
(Fighter)Greatsword(2-12) or Longsword and Large Steel Shield(+2 AC), Breastplate(+5 AC,Max Dex Bonus +3),and a potion of Cure Light Wounds(1-8+1 hitpoints)
(Rougue)Thieves Tools,Short Sword(1-6),Dagger(1-4),Longbow(1-8, no Str bonus) Studded Leather(+3 AC,Max Dex Bonus +5),
(Cleric)Chainmail(+5 AC +2 Max Dex Bonus), Hvy. Mace(1-8), and 4 potions of Cure Light Wounds(1-8+1)
(Wizard)Spellbook, 4 scrolls of magic missile(1-4+1),4 potion of Cure Light Wounds and Quarterstaff(1-6)
(Halfling/Gnome)Cannot use Large Weapons (Greatsword) and cannot wear or use Large equipment (cannot wear medium creature's armor)

Attribute bonus is equal to +1 for every 2 points above 10.
After you pick your class, race, skills, feats, and equipment I will finish the sheet(saves,attack,AC)
If you have NO idea what i'm talking about, just google D&D or feel free to ask some questions.

• 46,375 Replies
took95
took95
438 posts
Nomad

looks good, but too much for me, i hope it works out, its DND tho so it should be fine,...

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

I am a newb to D&D...

and i have googled D&D, to no avail.
well here goes nothing...

Name: Braenoic Quickbeam
Player: Elf
Sex:M
Looks:Medium-long Blonde hair, 6'3", 100 lbs.
Race:Elf(+2 Dex,-2 Con
Class: Ranger
Level Equivalency:um????
Attributes:Strength(Str)
, Dexterity(Dex):10.25
,Constitution(Con):6.25
,Intelligence(Int):8.25
Wisdom(Wis):8.25
,Charisma(Cha): 8.25
Attribute Bonusessee below)
Saves:Fortitude(Con),Reflex(Dex),Will(Wis) (see below)
Hit points:10(Fighter)8(Cleric)6(Rogue)4(Wizard)+Con Bonus
AttackBase Attack Bonus+Str Bonus(Dex bonus for ranged, see below)
Damagebased on weapon + Str bonus 2-handed x 1.5 Str Bonus, see below)
Armor Class(AC):10+Dex Bonus+Armor+Misc(see below)
Feats:Ranger?
Skills:?
Equipment:300 gp and Adventurer's Kit(with everything you need like bedrolls and rations and so on) (see below)

DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

SirNoobalot, I will send you a copy of the book if you want, but If you don't want it I will fix your character in a minute.

Hypermnestra it looks good, but I don't see your attributes. What I meant about the attributes was scores of 15-18 are 1 point instead of 15-16 2, and 17-18 3, do you see what I'm getting at? I changed it mostly because that's how most forum rpg's do it, and I figured it would make it easier. It was also so that there's not a &quotower difference" created by "lucky rolls". Rolling dice is hard for forum games unless they put on that dice program for forums (Does anyone know who you need to talk to about putting that on this forum?). Otherwise never mind and just use points and I'll do the rolling for the characters (that's how I usually do it anyway). btw It says "Forgotten Realms" on the Topic and there is no Armor or Arcane Check Penalties.(see my first post)

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

SirNoobalot, I will send you a copy of the book if you want, but If you don't want it I will fix your character in a minute.

Yes, fix it please :/.
Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

--------------------Basic Information----------------------
Name: Hyper M. Nest
Player: Hypermnestra
Sex: F
Looks: Nrn.
Race: Human
Class: Paladin
Level: 1
Level Equivalency: 2
Alignment: LG
Deity: The Triad
------Attributes----------
Str: 18
Dex: 15
Con: 16
Int: 12
Wis: 15
Cha: 17
Fort Save: +2(class)
Ref Save:
Will Save:
---------------------------------------------------------------------Equipment---------------------------------------------------------------------
Armor: Chain Shirt[A/S Bonus: +4. Max Dex Bonus: +4. AC Penalty: -2. Arcane Spell Failure Chance: 20%. Weight: 25 lbs.]
Shield: Heavy Steel Shield[Armor/Shield Bonus: +2. AC Penalty: -2. Arcane Spell Failure Chance: 15%. Weight: 15 lbs.]
Weapon: Long Sword[Size: Medium. Damage: 1d8. Critical 19-20x2. Weight: 4 lbs. Type: Slashing.]
Miscellaneous: Bullseye Lantern[3 lbs], 1 Day Trail Rations[1 lb], 1 Bedroll[5 lbs].
-------Feats/Spells/Abilities/Etc.------------
Feats: Aura of Good.
Spells: Detect Evil[AW], Smite Evil[1/D].

Here's a dice roller.
I'm stupid. :'( So sad.

DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

Spells:

Cleric-0
Cure Minor: heals one hitpoint on touch
Cleric-1
Bless: +1 to Attack and saves vs fear to party (lasts one minute per level)
Cure Light Wounds: heals 1-8+level(max +5) hitpoints on touch
Inflict Light Wounds:deals 1-8+level(max +5) negative energy damage on touch
Cleric-2
Bull's Strength:+4 to target's Strength (lasts one minute per level)
Cure Moderate Wounds: heals 2-16+level(max +10) hitpoints on touch
Inflict Moderate Wounds: deals 2-16+level(max +10) hitpoints on touch
Domain:Healing(healing spells are empowered spells +50 percent points healed)
Domain-0
Cure Minor Wounds
Domain-1
Cure Light Wounds
Domain-2
Cure Moderate Wounds
Cleric Spells per day:0 level,1st level+domain,2nd level+domain
1st level-3,1+1
2nd level-4,2+1
3rd level-4,2+1,1+1
Wizard-0
Ray of Frost: deals 1-3 cold damage (ranged touch attack)
Electric Jolt: deals 1-3 electric damage (ranged touch attack)
Acid Splash: deals 1-3 acid damage (ranged touch attack)
Wizard-1
Magic Missile:deals 1-4+1 damage(automatic) extra missile(max 5) every 2 levels past 1 (eg. 3,5,etc.)
Mage Armor:+4 AC to target
Sleep: Puts 4 HD creatures to sleep (lasts one minute per level)
Wizard-2
Melf's Acid Arrow:deals 2-8 acid damage(ranged touch attack) for 1 round. for every 3 levels it deals an additional 2-8 acid damage for another round
Invisibility:become invisible on touch(or yourself) unless you cast a spell or attack for 1 minute per level
Web:affects 20 ft. area with sticky web (only works indoors or underground) make a save or be unable to do anything but try to escape for 10 minutes per level

DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

Here's how it should look,but I would recommend you just play a fighter(I don't care). btw thanks for showing me the dice roller Hypermnestra.

Race:Elf
Level Equivalency:1
Attributes:
Strength(Str):15(+2)
Dexterity(Dex):16(+3)
Constitution(Con):10(0)
Intelligence(Int):10(0)
Wisdom(Wis):14(+2)
Charisma(Cha):8(-1)
Saves:Fortitude+2
Reflex+5
Will+2
Hit points:10
Attack:+3(+4 ranged)
Damage:Longsword(1-8+2),Longbow(1-8)
Armor Class(AC):16(18 when using Sword and Shield)
Feats:Favored Enemy(Kobold)+1 to anything involving favored enemy,Point Blank Shot(+1 attack and damage when within 30 ft. of target),Track(use survival to follow tracks)
Skills:Heal,Handle Animal,Ride,Survival,Wild Empathy,
Equipment:Longbow,Longsword,Hvy. Steel Shield,Studded Leather,a potion of Cure Light Wounds(1-8+1) and Adventurer's Kit

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

So, when will this game start?

DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

The Game starts now.

:You are on the road to a town known as Falcon's Hollow, supposedly a ramshackle town with many "Business" oppertunities just waiting to be exploited. You arrive to find that there is indeed profit to be made,as the town is a mob-runned gambling hall paradise. there's a hall on every corner that appears to be host to a variety of games and "entertainment". The only problem is that the Paladin, Hyper M. Nest, senses much evil abound. The Ranger,Braenoic Quickbeam, met this Paladin on the road while out hunting in the Forest nearby.He explained that he was a hunter of Kobolds and the area was thick with them.Hyper explained to him that she was on her way to this small town and was commisioned to clense the area of the same creatures, so their goals are indeed mutual. The town appears to be more tents than buildings, as many of the residents do not appear to be able to afford their own housing.

What do you do?

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

post sheet or no???

Hmmm... go explore what types of 'entertainment' there are.

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Ref Save:
Will Save:
------------------Equipment-------------------------------
Armor: Chain Shirt[A/S Bonus: +4. Max Dex Bonus: +4. AC Penalty: -2. Arcane Spell Failure Chance: 20%. Weight: 25 lbs.]
Shield: Heavy Steel Shield[Armor/Shield Bonus: +2. AC Penalty: -2. Arcane Spell Failure Chance: 15%. Weight: 15 lbs.]
Weapon: Long Sword[Size: Medium. Damage: 1d8. Critical 19-20x2. Weight: 4 lbs. Type: Slashing.]
Miscellaneous: Bullseye Lantern[3 lbs], 1 Day Trail Rations[1 lb], 1 Bedroll[5 lbs].

I suppose I shall go speak with the residents of the town. They're sure to know more than either of us, and knowledge is power. With my high Charisma, it should be relatively easy.

DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

@SirNoobalot: you get the feeling it's the "bad" kind. catch-21,poker,drinking contests, ********************(hint hint) You are a Ranger and therefore the ways of the world mean less to you than most men (the same is true of the Paladin) so this place doesn't seem like the sort of place you would want to spend "too much" time in.(but, it's your character)

@Hypermnestrasound of dice being rolled) you hear things about something known as the Lumber consortium that seems to be running the operations of this town. You also hear that Kobolds are very much a problem in the area (although you already knew this because of the Ranger, it confirms that the townsfolk know as well) You are told that there is a good inn outside of town known as The Roost. You hear nothing else of interest.

What would you like to do now?

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Ref Save:
Will Save:
------------------Equipment-------------------------------

I'll go talk to the Lumber Consortium.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

Race:Elf
Level Equivalency:1
Attributes:
Strength(Str):15(+2)
Dexterity(Dex):16(+3)
Constitution(Con):10(0)
Intelligence(Int):10(0)
Wisdom(Wis):14(+2)
Charisma(Cha):8(-1)
Saves:Fortitude+2
Reflex+5
Will+2
Hit points:10
Attack:+3(+4 ranged)
Damage:Longsword(1-8+2),Longbow(1-8)
Armor Class(AC):16(18 when using Sword and Shield)
Feats:Favored Enemy(Kobold)+1 to anything involving favored enemy,Point Blank Shot(+1 attack and damage when within 30 ft. of target),Track(use survival to follow tracks)
Skills:Heal,Handle Animal,Ride,Survival,Wild Empathy,
Equipment:Longbow,Longsword,Hvy. Steel Shield,Studded Leather,a potion of Cure Light Wounds(1-8+1) and Adventurer's Kit

I'll go with the Paladin...

DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

...(creepy) It turns out the Lumber consortium is at the Roost, holding some kind of meeting. You make your way over when you notice there is a raiding party of Kobolds heading right towards YOU! It appears they are on their way to the Roost, as the direction they are coming from suggests that might be their target(that or they're after the Ranger, you don't really know). It seems like wherever they are heading, YOU ARE IN THE WAY! There are 6 Kobolds riding on what appear to be 3 Giant Forest Toads.

The splosh of thick liquid heralds these disgusting creature's sloppy approach. These oozy abominations resemble pale, slime-slick toads, their backs dripping thick mucus-like secretions as they effortlessly hops forword,spattering secretions as it comes. The creatures' huge walrus-like tusks drag along the ground
...and somehow, these Kobolds are actually RIDING THESE THINGS!!!

(sound of dice rolling) They do not appear to be aware of you yet. You are on a road and the only cover are some nearby bushes. Most of the terrain is fairly flat and boring,consisting mainly of rolling hills and grassy plains. The Kobolds are about 300 ft. away and are running in your direction. What do you do?
Showing 1-15 of 46375