ForumsSupport ForumOpinion on a sticky topic

11 3530
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Well, I was sitting and thinking (I know...watch out!). A lot of members know what Mozilla Firefox is and use it. A lot of members do not. I think it would be a great idea to promote using Firefox here because of the spell checker and it seems to work better with AG anyways. I was going to put together a little How-to sticky topic on Mozilla to include where to download and my personally recommended add-ons. Think this is a good idea or a waste of time?

• 11 Replies
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

I think it is a good idea, depend on who you are....

Some members might not have firefox, but yeah most will so it could work out as a good idea, I on the other hand don't use firefox evan thought I have it, I use E-NET EXPLORER 7 because I am most comftrable useing it. That is one of the reasons i have spelling and grammer mistakes...

So this idea could work out and would be cool.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I think I could explain how it works out a lot better, etc. But I just want to hear opinions first before I put in the effort.

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Well in my opinion I don't really like or even use FireFox because it just looks wired to me. I prefer Internet Explorer for some reason. Also, Internet Explorer also has a spell check, but it's not as good as Firefox.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

I always spell-check my posts before sending them, but I would suggest that more people should use it. I'm sick and tired of people abbreviating everything, because I can't understand them! Love the idea! ~

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Lord knows I could type/spell better. lol

I think it would be a good idea.

Blockhead
Blockhead
110 posts
Nomad

I got a french version of Mozilla Firefox. The spell check is in french too so it can't help me. Do you know where I can change the spell check language?

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Alright, so I'm gonna put something together later today. I just want to spread awareness of Firefox. Not to mention the other add-ons are pretty nifty.

KlNG
KlNG
301 posts
Nomad

You could just make a sticky that reminds people to read what they type.

But im sure some of the members on here haven't made it to high school yet. I hear thats where they learn how to put words together into sentences && stuff.

I don't really remember, high school was a blur to me.

kanethebrain
kanethebrain
242 posts
Nomad

I fully agree with supporting firefox. It's much better technically than most other browsers (Opera may be the exception here). It's skinnable, so if you IE people want to keep it (but, with all the security vunerabilities, I dunno why) you could skin Firefox to look anyway you want.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

That is spam. It's nothing to do with this topic and I doubt that the link goes to somewhere nice...

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Firetail is talking about the post I deleted above him. So, it kind of doesn't make sense.

But royandgrand. You've inspired me to make this topic.

Showing 1-11 of 11