ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 Calendar: December 14, 2010 -- yet another release date

142 32157
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Our next beta release, code named Falchion, will launch on Monday, December 6, 2010.

The standard times apply, and are all in Pacific Standard Time, which is where Los Angeles, California is. To convert it, you can visit this time zone site.

At 9am, I'll be marking all NEW beta registrations to receive their invite codes later in the day. Any beta registrations that come in after 9am will have to wait for our next release on December 20th.

We'll be doing lots of internal testing before we roll out any code to the live beta site, and as usual, I will post our progress on my twitter feed.

In the afternoon, when we feel the code base is tested enough, we'll send our next beta newsletter to ALL beta users. This newsletter will explain more about what we've been working on, what's in the new release, that sort of thing.

The newsletter Email you'll receive with your invite code will explain what we need from you as beta testers.

Once that newsletter is sent, I'll send out any invite codes for new beta signups up to 9am that morning.

It's important to note up front that several things will seem "missing" from the site, such as the forums, etc. This is to be expected, because we're rolling out the beta in phases where we add new features every two weeks.

The full details of what's going in the beta release, and what major pieces of the site are still missing will be detailed in the newsletter.

• 142 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Yeah, we've limited it to 100 just so we don't overload the activity stream process.

brandroid
brandroid
122 posts
Nomad

Cant wait till it comes out.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

So then the invite codes will be sent when the AS is fixed?? Do you know about when that will be?? Just a ballpark estimation.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Also, a slight bit of bad news. The database storing the activities/messages is in need of an upgrade, and until we know how well it's going to hold up against 500+ users sending status messages and comments, etc., we're going to need to hold off sending new invite codes to users. Hopefully we'll know how well it's doing by the end of the week and get invite codes out then.

so.... hopefully this weekend. (today or tomorrow (hopefully))
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

No ETA yet, folks, we're still having some database trouble which is why the beta site is kinda flaky today. We hope to get it solved ASAP. Once it's all stable, we'll send out more beta codes.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

The beta has been down for two days for me :/
I just hope you guys have it fixed soon.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

it's been down 3 for me. possibly four, but probably not.

Showing 136-142 of 142