ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 Calendar: December 14, 2010 -- yet another release date

142 32131
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Our next beta release, code named Falchion, will launch on Monday, December 6, 2010.

The standard times apply, and are all in Pacific Standard Time, which is where Los Angeles, California is. To convert it, you can visit this time zone site.

At 9am, I'll be marking all NEW beta registrations to receive their invite codes later in the day. Any beta registrations that come in after 9am will have to wait for our next release on December 20th.

We'll be doing lots of internal testing before we roll out any code to the live beta site, and as usual, I will post our progress on my twitter feed.

In the afternoon, when we feel the code base is tested enough, we'll send our next beta newsletter to ALL beta users. This newsletter will explain more about what we've been working on, what's in the new release, that sort of thing.

The newsletter Email you'll receive with your invite code will explain what we need from you as beta testers.

Once that newsletter is sent, I'll send out any invite codes for new beta signups up to 9am that morning.

It's important to note up front that several things will seem "missing" from the site, such as the forums, etc. This is to be expected, because we're rolling out the beta in phases where we add new features every two weeks.

The full details of what's going in the beta release, and what major pieces of the site are still missing will be detailed in the newsletter.

• 142 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Yes, we're on the west coast. We've stated SEVERAL times that everything we do is relative to the time in Los Angeles, California, where our office is (approximately) based.

The newsletter, invite codes, etc., will all happen tomorrow. Watch my twitter feed for info.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,523 posts
Farmer

Will someone give me a link or explain how beta and invite codes work?

kacboy
kacboy
1,846 posts
Nomad

Will someone give me a link or explain how beta and invite codes work?

Go to beta.armorgames.com
Put the email you joined the beta with in the bottom login thingie box
Put the code in the invitation/password textline.

I was hoping it would be today but tomorrow is still good. Don't work yourself too hard cormyn! I'll look forward to tomorrow.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I'll try...Well, you signed up for the beta, right? On the sign up sheet? I believe that if you signed up after the 22nd of November, you get put in this one that's coming out tomorrow. You *should* have gotten an e-mail explaining what to do and what to experience as a beta tester. If you got all that, then all you gotta do now is wait.

Tomorrow, when the AG team feels ready to release Falchion (codename for the third beta), you will receive an invite code shortly after. This is where you go to the Beta site again to add your E-mail address and the code below that. Once both are fine, you're in, and you're officially a beta tester.

Check here for some advice by Yours Truly

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,523 posts
Farmer

Beta..? I just got back from hiatus and missed all this.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

The plan right now, folks, is to do the beta release around noon, if possible, maybe shortly after another BLT break (lunch).

The newsletter will go out shortly after, and then we'll send out new invite codes.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I should be done with my Tuesday final by then. How many more jigsaw pieces will be released before the full puzzle will go public?

kacboy
kacboy
1,846 posts
Nomad

Sweet! I might go on at lunch in school then, I'm super excited. And are you going to do a mobile forum with AG3? Cause this post is from my phone and the site is rather painful to look at but it's pretty fast.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Let's see, this is release 3 (R3) and I know we've planned for at least R5. Once all the pieces are in place, there will still be pieces that will only exist on AG2 such as the forums.

I *think* R4 will happen in the first few days of the new year, and R5 two weeks after that... R6 if it's needed or we may just roll out bug fixes as we make them, I dunno, but then we'll keep the beta site running as long as we need to squish bugs until we feel it's "feature complete" and working 100% and only THEN will we replace this web site with AG3.

Once AG3 is live, we'll have a few days of "down time" as far as the forums go, and possibly other data, while we figure out how to migrate it or get a new forum setup out there. No other info on how the forums will work (we'll post in a thread specifically about the forums when we're ready to talk about it and take more ideas)

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Goodmorning guys! (for me that is anyway... :P)

I've been experiencing the busiest period ever at work right now combined with a ferm cold attacking my system, so I've been juggling to get everything done AND check the beta in between, so that's why I've been quiet a bit... in case anyone was wondering...

First, I wish you and James all the best and godspeed for a good recovery cormyn! =)

As for the Flachion beta launch, I'll be tied up at work today all day as well as the next few days, so I'll be pretty much invisible for the first days in testing...

But I'm still confident everything will be done in an excellent way, just like it was with the first two launches! Keep up the good work! *two thumbs up* =D

Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

Since it's another snow day for me, I can't wait for the next release. Is it going to be today or are you guys going to push it back further?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I think it's today. But they have California time so 3 hours back. Me and you have the same time Matrix159. I think they should be sending codes out by 3pm our time.

Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

Well that's "if" they are feeling better. I know that they will send them out sooner or later, so I can wait.

TheElganator
TheElganator
10 posts
Nomad

How exactly do you become a beta tester?

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

How exactly do you become a beta tester?

Go to [url]http://beta.armorgames.com[/url] On that page there is a place for you to enter your e-mail address. Once you do that you may be sent an e-mail with an activation code which will allow you to enter the site and begin testing.
Showing 61-75 of 142