ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 Calendar: December 14, 2010 -- yet another release date

142 32053
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Our next beta release, code named Falchion, will launch on Monday, December 6, 2010.

The standard times apply, and are all in Pacific Standard Time, which is where Los Angeles, California is. To convert it, you can visit this time zone site.

At 9am, I'll be marking all NEW beta registrations to receive their invite codes later in the day. Any beta registrations that come in after 9am will have to wait for our next release on December 20th.

We'll be doing lots of internal testing before we roll out any code to the live beta site, and as usual, I will post our progress on my twitter feed.

In the afternoon, when we feel the code base is tested enough, we'll send our next beta newsletter to ALL beta users. This newsletter will explain more about what we've been working on, what's in the new release, that sort of thing.

The newsletter Email you'll receive with your invite code will explain what we need from you as beta testers.

Once that newsletter is sent, I'll send out any invite codes for new beta signups up to 9am that morning.

It's important to note up front that several things will seem "missing" from the site, such as the forums, etc. This is to be expected, because we're rolling out the beta in phases where we add new features every two weeks.

The full details of what's going in the beta release, and what major pieces of the site are still missing will be detailed in the newsletter.

• 142 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

It'll be today. We're finishing up the last of our QA and then a quick bite to eat (though on release day we just eat at our desks anyway). Maybe another hour or two, then the newsletter and invite codes will go out to everyone.

John picked today to deliver his Christmas gifts to the rest of us today, which slowed us down a little first thing this morning... but we put them away after ~30min to get back to work. We're all looking forward to pelting each other with airsoft BB's later today.

Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

That's awesome! What kind of airsoft guns do you use? At the moment I have a shotgun and a pistol, but I'm hoping to get more.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

lol. I just saw that tank video. That was cool. Airsoft gun fight o.O that sounds even better.

I can't wait for the new features though. Hope to see them soon.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

First it's remote control helicopters, then remote control tanks...you guys like those things too much! I personally like the remote control gravity trucks

I've been experiencing the busiest period ever at work right now combined with a ferm cold attacking my system, so I've been juggling to get everything done AND check the beta in between, so that's why I've been quiet a bit... in case anyone was wondering...

A bit is a bit of an understatement....Kidding! Kidding. I like to poke fun.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Yeah, Dan stuck his arm in front of one of the tanks and it left a mark. We can easily shoot clear across our office with them. Apparently they have about an 80-foot range.

Back to work... /whipcrack

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

I've got a great idea. If anyone at the office is slacking off, threaten them with an air soft tank if they don't get back to work.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Now all you guys need are a few of the USB rocket launchers from ThinkGeek and you'll be able to properly defend the office, as well as keep everyone firmly under the iron thumb of a military dictatorship XD

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

things are rolling (in terms of software, beta, etc.) watch twitter for updates.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Where did you see the Wizard of Oz text? That was supposed to be removed.

I lol'd. yeah this was a while back, but I'm still chuckling on how funny and random that was. And no Ian, I still haven't told anyone about the machine
caffeine101
caffeine101
87 posts
Nomad

Now all you guys need are a few of the USB rocket launchers from ThinkGeek and you'll be able to properly defend the office, as well as keep everyone firmly under the iron thumb of a military dictatorship XD

i had these before. they are not bad, but they need to make them silent.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

You young whippersnappers today with your fancy 'USB rockets'. Back in my day - we had to use these in our office warfare.

Onwards to the topic at hand though - any progress with the last minute bug fixes?

kacboy
kacboy
1,846 posts
Nomad

Oh good, I didn't really miss anything, hope the bugs are fixed soon!

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

final checks are being done, then we'll roll out the new release and then send out the newsletter

(twitter: posted 25 minutes ago)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

Is there any updates on twitter yet? I don't know because I don't have one.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

here

you don't need one to view the pages.

Showing 76-90 of 142