ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 Calendar: December 14, 2010 -- yet another release date

142 32169
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Our next beta release, code named Falchion, will launch on Monday, December 6, 2010.

The standard times apply, and are all in Pacific Standard Time, which is where Los Angeles, California is. To convert it, you can visit this time zone site.

At 9am, I'll be marking all NEW beta registrations to receive their invite codes later in the day. Any beta registrations that come in after 9am will have to wait for our next release on December 20th.

We'll be doing lots of internal testing before we roll out any code to the live beta site, and as usual, I will post our progress on my twitter feed.

In the afternoon, when we feel the code base is tested enough, we'll send our next beta newsletter to ALL beta users. This newsletter will explain more about what we've been working on, what's in the new release, that sort of thing.

The newsletter Email you'll receive with your invite code will explain what we need from you as beta testers.

Once that newsletter is sent, I'll send out any invite codes for new beta signups up to 9am that morning.

It's important to note up front that several things will seem "missing" from the site, such as the forums, etc. This is to be expected, because we're rolling out the beta in phases where we add new features every two weeks.

The full details of what's going in the beta release, and what major pieces of the site are still missing will be detailed in the newsletter.

• 142 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I'm working on an armatar fix right now.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

What about the post on profiles? For example on knight's profile you can only see 25 comments. Is that the limit for one post?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I think Larry has a limit of 25 messages at a time. We'll add a "load more" button later.

We *should* have all armatar data copied over. There may be a few bugs, but your armatar from AG2 should be set properly on AG3 now.

I gotta go get some sleep.

kacboy
kacboy
1,846 posts
Nomad

Coolio! I'll test some more after school. Don't work yourself too hard cormyn.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

yeah, i have no followers. or maybe no one likes me. i hope it's a the bug, though.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Try typing in beta.armorgames.com/profile/thaboss it should show up there. I know on my dashboard it doesn't show any of my followers
but when I type in beta.armorgames.com/profile/GhostOfMatrix it shows a lot of people.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

yes!! that worked! people actually DO like me!! thanks.

Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,126 posts
Blacksmith

Hello everyone~

I was gone for a little while, so excuse my ignorance. I've been reading up on all the things about AG3 and came upon this thread. I realize it's the 15th so I'm guessing it is too late to sign up and do I sign up by just posting here or no?

Any help would be much appreciated.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

They should be sending out more codes in a couple days. (I think)

Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,126 posts
Blacksmith

Thanks a lot for the link Ghost. Much appreciated.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

do I sign up by just posting here or no?

No, actually you'll need to go to http://beta.armorgames.com/ to sign up. Now I am not sure wether or not you are to late to sign up for the current beta release because Cormyn has not given out the invitation codes yet (to my knowledge).
Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,126 posts
Blacksmith

Now I am not sure wether or not you are to late to sign up for the current beta release because Cormyn has not given out the invitation codes yet (to my knowledge).
Well, I submitted my email address so I guess something will happen sooner or later. I'm in no real rush. Thanks Sam.
kacboy
kacboy
1,846 posts
Nomad

Is there a list of all the beta testers somewhere? I wanna see how many there are and who they are. The beta is just delicious.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I feel like Cormyn when he has to reiterate something 13 times :P

if we can get some of these bugs squished this week, I'll send out the invite codes. It's a significant enough number of users to warrant holding off until some of these bugs get fixed first.

This is why there haven't been any new invites sent yet. They *may* come after the activity stream has been worked on enough. Actually it's just all bugs in general, but I assume it's mostly the AS.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

What about followers? I've noticed that 100 is the most someone can get.

Showing 121-135 of 142