ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 Calendar: December 14, 2010 -- yet another release date

142 32160
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Our next beta release, code named Falchion, will launch on Monday, December 6, 2010.

The standard times apply, and are all in Pacific Standard Time, which is where Los Angeles, California is. To convert it, you can visit this time zone site.

At 9am, I'll be marking all NEW beta registrations to receive their invite codes later in the day. Any beta registrations that come in after 9am will have to wait for our next release on December 20th.

We'll be doing lots of internal testing before we roll out any code to the live beta site, and as usual, I will post our progress on my twitter feed.

In the afternoon, when we feel the code base is tested enough, we'll send our next beta newsletter to ALL beta users. This newsletter will explain more about what we've been working on, what's in the new release, that sort of thing.

The newsletter Email you'll receive with your invite code will explain what we need from you as beta testers.

Once that newsletter is sent, I'll send out any invite codes for new beta signups up to 9am that morning.

It's important to note up front that several things will seem "missing" from the site, such as the forums, etc. This is to be expected, because we're rolling out the beta in phases where we add new features every two weeks.

The full details of what's going in the beta release, and what major pieces of the site are still missing will be detailed in the newsletter.

• 142 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

They'll be able to change it if it's not already taken, and that includes banned usernames which will stay reserved from other people using them.

kacboy
kacboy
1,846 posts
Nomad

I'm so excited for the next Beta! Can't wait to use the new acticity stream feature thingy mabober. On the last Beta it said something about the code only working 5 times, will that be restarted on the next beta? Or was that 5 use thing a lie?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

On the last Beta it said something about the code only working 5 times, will that be restarted on the next beta? Or was that 5 use thing a lie?

That depends. I *think* that bug with signing in is pretty much gone now, so users won't have to have so many activations anymore. The team might top us off, with the new beta testers getting the original 5 activations. If the bug isn't gone, then I fear we may need plenty more :<
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I think I bumped everyone up to 15 to get around the session bug. But now that it's fixed, we'll probably set everyone back to 5.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

Whoa, whoa, wait what? I was only allowed to use the code five times?

Sounds a lot better.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Well we were all given 5, but were given more because of the bug. If you used your code 5 times without topping it off, you wouldn't be able to log into beta.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

Well every time I get off the computer, someone or something deletes my password saves, so I have to log in with the code every single time to view beta.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I really like the beta and can't wait till the updates, and i really can't wait until i can change my name

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

and i really can't wait until i can change my name

What will you change it to? Or is that a secret?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

It's a secret, i don't want to say on here because some one might take it just to make me mad.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Well every time I get off the computer, someone or something deletes my password saves, so I have to log in with the code every single time to view beta.

Samdawg, how are your settings? Are your cookies/cache set to "keep until they expire"? Do you have your browser clear your history after closing? The AG signup page was very persistent, but the problem *should* be taken care of, since the beta testers replicated the bug many times with the same results and that quite a few of us have had no problems afterwards.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

SamDawg, if you're also browsing in "anonymous" mode, your browser will delete all cookies, cache and history. We've had that session bug fixed for several days now.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

We've had that session bug fixed for several days now.

And it's still working BE-U-ATI-FULLY well! You did a great job there Cormyn! Thanx! =)

I have to ask though... will there be a 'newsletter email' before the launch of Falchion or exactly ON the date of launch?
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We're going to send a brief message out today to everyone saying the release is next week, and next week's full newsletter will be sent the same day we push the changes live and send out invite codes to new people that have signed up since the last release.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

what time today? has it already been sent?

Showing 31-45 of 142