ForumsNews and FeedbackComments by game developers

6 2897
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

On AG2, anyone can leave comments, but my idea is that users who have submitted games will have something that makes their comment more noticeable to the creator who is reading them. Once in a while, I will make a game with the YoYo game maker. Whenever I ask my little brother (who doesn't make games) for advice, he usually says out there stuff like "I think there should be a giant squid and 50 more levels" or something that makes no sense or something that would take a lot of work to do.

• 6 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

One thing that I thought was weird is that Administrators and Moderators/Developers have green/blue text in the forums, but all of them have black text when commenting. Maybe if they retained their green/blue text in commenting, they will be noticed quite a bit more? Or, are you thinking...comments separated from everyone else's?

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

However, I do agree with Frank that mods and admins should have the same colour throughout the website and not just on the forums, they should also have "moderator" or "administrator" written near their name, like what happens in the forums

i though he said it was good. but i thi9nk both administrators and moderaters should have differant text to get attition beacuase they kinda "are da boss" . it would be nice if a dev could have a differant color or a seperat comment box for that type of thing. i only have one friend to talk to my idea about with so i understand it all, it can be hard to get a good gimick that poeplr love, and not a "ok i got a guy and he has uhm has nice shoes and he walk around and talks and BORES PEOPLE TO DEATH!" ya now what i mean.

Well, apart from those that work on AG there isn't much game dev that will be roaming around the forums, or people profiles etc, so I don't think this will be a good idea.
uhm joe96 is and so are many others there are more thatn you think in the forums and it depens on what part of thr forums.

ok defenition of game dev (i know it is game developer) but is a dev some one who works for some one (ie. AG) or is any one who make games a dev? (like me (COMING SOON OT AG. IF I CAN GET OF MY BUTT AND DO IT!)
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

The one problem with this idea is that game developers don't comment or post enough. I've only ever really seen John and only a few at that. Oh, and LonLonRanch used to enter contests in the AMW and he made a few games.

Developers should totally have red text ;D

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

So they can be Jeezus? That would be shweet! I don't know about the red text though. Or them being Jeezus.

The one problem with this idea is that game developers don't comment or post enough.

True on that. AG has a small amount of developers, while the rest are from another area. Most of them are probably working on another game or improving already-created ones. They wouldn't have much time to comment on other games. Still, if the text was blue (for mods and developers), then that would give enough attention to the game developer to look at.
KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

So they can be Jeezus? That would be shweet! I don't know about the red text though. Or them being Jeezus.

XD LOL ROFL funny guy funny guy!! if it work that way may i don't what to be a dev! or maybe jesus was a gemer dev? nahhh they did not have computers and if there did they would throw it as a flashy box that takes up to much of they time in the life doing meaning less vanity.

O.O man WHAT AM I DOING!!!!!! LOL JK it is for AG!!!

yah i don't now what will happen with this (it ssem cormyn has not even looked at it so far.)
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Oh, I've looked at it.

If we give gamedevs different colored text, it'll likely only be on their own game pages. We wouldn't want their colored text elsewhere on the site.

Showing 1-6 of 6