ForumsWEPRFLDS children taken away

16 5260
DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

This news story has been all over the news recently, and I was wondering how other people viewed it. If you dont know, the short of it is that 400 children were taken away from their parents in Texas, all part of a Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints group.

It is a polygamist group, but the main debate is whether or not CPS (Child Protective Services) did the right thing in separating the children from the parents while the studies were being done. CPS believes they have enough evidence to show that there is a systematic abuse of these children and the children need to be separated from the parents, while those against the actions say that there is more harm done separating the children than leaving them with the parents for the duration, since no 'grooming' (for abuse, or allowing the abuse) can be done in the short period of time.

I was just wondering what other people thought of this. I have my own opinion from what I read, but Ill keep that back for a bit.

A few links for more info:

Obviously some of these are biased, but they give some of the facts better than I can. Also, feel free to add to/correct my facts, most of my info was from the sections I've heard on the radio the past few days.

• 16 Replies
Erako
Erako
121 posts
Nomad

Yeah...that was a scary situation...did you know that it is a sin for them to laugh or have any fun? what a scary life..I saw the woman..and they looked like human meat puppets...they really scared me.

Showing 16-16 of 16