Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

A Couple of Suggestions for the Forums

Posted Nov 27, '10 at 10:42pm

ZombiesBrain

ZombiesBrain

257 posts

The forum topics are usually just repeats of old topics and it starts to get annoying seeing maybe two to three of the same topic in just a ten page difference. So maybe create a search  button on the forums to type in what you want to look up if you want to see something specific or for the people that are creating a topic don't end up creating multiple topics just because they don't see their old topic in a few pages. A very common topic I see in the tavern and world events would be 2012. I see at least one new 2012 topic every couple couple of weeks and it's just a waste of space on the forums and makes it harder to find other topics.
Another useful thing that would help find these specific topics would be key words such as if you were searching for a discussion on animal cruelty you could type in maybe animals or cruelty and you might get some results.

Another thing that might be useful would be if you were to create a topic it automatically goes on your "about" page so, you don't have to dig it up especially if you forgot what it was about and you just wanted to rise whatever topic you started back from the dead.

Posted Nov 27, '10 at 11:49pm

KyahcoSukaimasutae

KyahcoSukaimasutae

314 posts

all of those have already been talked about (LOL how ironic!) and are basicly yes it will be done, but

Another thing that might be useful would be if you were to create a topic it automatically goes on your "about" page so, you don't have to dig it up especially if you forgot what it was about and you just wanted to rise whatever topic you started back from the dead.

that is new. i think that is not realy needed and is just more work for the develors (that are already working hard, and hopefully dinking Dr.peper LOL XD!!!! OH SORRY I GUESS COULD NOT HELP MY SELF! ROFL!!) plus they might have to make a whole new about system to do that and add a lot of "if" and "var/const" code to make a whole system to do that, when you can just click the url in the top search box and copy and paste it to yor about! and if you forget it should be easy seen on the top but if not it is your falt. (on offence)

Posted Nov 28, '10 at 12:21am

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,150 posts

So maybe create a search  button on the forums to type in what you want to look up if you want to see something specific or for the people that are creating a topic don't end up creating multiple topics just because they don't see their old topic in a few pages. A very common topic I see in the tavern and world events would be 2012. I see at least one new 2012 topic every couple couple of weeks and it's just a waste of space on the forums and makes it harder to find other topics.
Another useful thing that would help find these specific topics would be key words such as if you were searching for a discussion on animal cruelty you could type in maybe animals or cruelty and you might get some results.

I find that the ArmorGames forum search by DDX works wonders:

Posted Nov 28, '10 at 1:36am

KyahcoSukaimasutae

KyahcoSukaimasutae

314 posts

O.O nice... *hand (gently) hit head*

Reply to A Couple of Suggestions for the Forums

You must be logged in to post a reply!