Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Idea For AG3 Forums

Thread Locked

Posted Nov 28, '10 at 12:37pm

thaboss

thaboss

884 posts

I was thinking that we could make the AG3 forums topics a little like the AG getsatisfaction new topic page. here. I really like the idea of being able to say if it's a problem or an announcement or and idea or a question. Also, I like how you can tag stuff and say how you are feeling and say what it's about (beta, AGI, or a game) Maybe you could do a AG forums powered by getsatisfaction.

Posted Nov 28, '10 at 12:40pm

thaboss

thaboss

884 posts

kind of like the feedback system in the AG3 beta.

Posted Nov 28, '10 at 2:01pm

1337Player

1337Player

1,774 posts

A community on a different site isn't that good. I like the forums here where everything is neat and organized and it still has the elements of the homepage. Making the forums looking different from the site is a no-no.

Posted Nov 28, '10 at 2:08pm

thaboss

thaboss

884 posts

no, i was saying keep it on the site but just give it some of the elements of the getsatisfaction page, like the choosing what it is, a problem, question, idea, or and announcement and the tagging and stuff like that. i'm not saying that the community link should lead to the armor games getsatisfaction page!

Posted Nov 28, '10 at 2:10pm

thaboss

thaboss

884 posts

and also of course i want the forums to look the same as the homepage!! it would be weird if they didn't. and i never said i wanted them to look different!

Posted Nov 28, '10 at 2:56pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,205 posts

GetSatisfaction is more like a feedback page, hence why it's called the feedback button back in Beta. Forums are for discussion. You will have to choose what category of the boards you want, what forum to look under, and what thread to post in, 2/3 of those things GetSatisfaction does not do.

I personally don't like how GetSatisfaction is set up, but if you want the AG3 forums to adopt some of their elements, then that's not so bad. Let's say it's like GS and there's a button that says "post a topic now!" You get to that and you get to select the category, forum, and thread name, followed by what you want the thread to be about. Problem is, this eliminates what little attention people bring to the thread names to try and see if their topic hasn't already been made. I mean, there have been 4 times where the team had to merge threads because people don't look >_>

Posted Nov 28, '10 at 4:47pm

thaboss

thaboss

884 posts

well, maybe there could a thing where if topics have similar titles it asks you if they have the same topic.

Posted Nov 28, '10 at 5:39pm

thaboss

thaboss

884 posts

http://content.screencast.com/users/brenden12/folders/Jing/media/53cbe501-6367-40e0-a34d-ee9fba484bed/AG%20HEY.png

Posted Nov 28, '10 at 6:11pm

mrtim

mrtim

2,052 posts

I agree with the fact that there should be a similar topics thingy there. However, I do not like how GS is set up like what Freak said - if I go to GS on AG, it isn't really updated on the last few topics. I actually have to click on "recent threads" to see the latest topics.

On the plus side, we could use some things there, but I think we are better off having AG making their own forums, like what they doing right now.

Posted Nov 28, '10 at 7:45pm

No_Stress

No_Stress

381 posts

I also don't like the forum "style" of GS, but this feature to show if there is a similar title for a new thread can be a good thing to have on AG3.