ForumsNews and FeedbackIdea For AG3 Forums

18 5062
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

I was thinking that we could make the AG3 forums topics a little like the AG getsatisfaction new topic page. here. I really like the idea of being able to say if it's a problem or an announcement or and idea or a question. Also, I like how you can tag stuff and say how you are feeling and say what it's about (beta, AGI, or a game) Maybe you could do a AG forums powered by getsatisfaction.

• 18 Replies
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

kind of like the feedback system in the AG3 beta.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

A community on a different site isn't that good. I like the forums here where everything is neat and organized and it still has the elements of the homepage. Making the forums looking different from the site is a no-no.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

no, i was saying keep it on the site but just give it some of the elements of the getsatisfaction page, like the choosing what it is, a problem, question, idea, or and announcement and the tagging and stuff like that. i'm not saying that the community link should lead to the armor games getsatisfaction page!

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

and also of course i want the forums to look the same as the homepage!! it would be weird if they didn't. and i never said i wanted them to look different!

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

GetSatisfaction is more like a feedback page, hence why it's called the feedback button back in Beta. Forums are for discussion. You will have to choose what category of the boards you want, what forum to look under, and what thread to post in, 2/3 of those things GetSatisfaction does not do.

I personally don't like how GetSatisfaction is set up, but if you want the AG3 forums to adopt some of their elements, then that's not so bad. Let's say it's like GS and there's a button that says &quotost a topic now!" You get to that and you get to select the category, forum, and thread name, followed by what you want the thread to be about. Problem is, this eliminates what little attention people bring to the thread names to try and see if their topic hasn't already been made. I mean, there have been 4 times where the team had to merge threads because people don't look >_>

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

well, maybe there could a thing where if topics have similar titles it asks you if they have the same topic.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

http://content.screencast.com/users/brenden12/folders/Jing/media/53cbe501-6367-40e0-a34d-ee9fba484bed/AG%20HEY.png

No_Stress
No_Stress
366 posts
Nomad

I also don't like the forum "style" of GS, but this feature to show if there is a similar title for a new thread can be a good thing to have on AG3.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

I'd be more than happy to accept it if the "similar threads" notification would work. I can only speculate. It would have to search the thread title, not the replies, and the key words would have to have a correlation. Both of these, well...not even Google can do that properly.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

yah that seems like a hard one. it seem like GS is not so good (i hope they don't pay a lot for it!), and to do it on AG would be hard to! it seems like it is all a ketch 22!! so i geuss we should be happy with the free for use (cost them) thing provited. (no offence)

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

and to do it (GS) on AG would be hard

I don't want the layout of GS to be in the AG forums! that isn't very good. what i want is to be able to say if it's a question, problem, announcement, or idea. that's all i really want. i don't want the AG forums to look like the GS page or to work like the GS page.

I'd be more than happy to accept it if the "similar threads" notification would work. I can only speculate. It would have to search the thread title, not the replies, and the key words would have to have a correlation. Both of these, well...not even Google can do that properly.

Maybe it could search the words in the titles, not the titles themselves, and if two titles have 3 or more words in common the same thread thing comes up. Or if the titles are less that 3 words, 2 words or 1.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We'll have a better search system in AG3, and depending on the forum engine we use/build, we may have the ability to merge several threads into a single thread.

AG3 forums aren't our priority at the moment, so we don't have very much to contribute, officially, about how they'll work, features, or whether we can migrate old posts or not.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

oh i though you where talking about the feedback! sorry!
then cormyn is right! adding a icon on the side of every forum topic to tell what type of topic(prase, question, problem, or so) and a amout of pages type format would be nice and is usaly how they do it ni a lot of forums.
but as cormyn said

AG3 forums aren't our priority at the moment, so we don't have very much to contribute, officially, about how they'll work, features, or whether we can migrate old posts or not.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Well, to be honest, GetSatisfaction feedback will *always* be part of the site, so if you have problems, etc., it's best to post them there.

The new forums will still have a support area, but all new "suggestions" for the site will be redirected to GetSatisfaction.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

okay, that sounds nice!like a little place to put them and organize them and then pu them to action at some time.

so will AG3 be a always updating site? and not a version after version type site? or what? meaning will you guy all was be working always to improve it, and it will show for us. instaed of making a site and then taring it down and making a new one every time yo what change?

Showing 1-15 of 18