ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 community

24 6947
ferpotato
ferpotato
7 posts
Nomad

I think there should be a community room or something like that so the AG community can have conversations and play games that are multi-player together.

• 24 Replies
KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

a chat room has be descused already. if it will realy be done or how it will work is not realy know yet. it is a TBD (to be done or to be discused).

Cuttoff
Cuttoff
2 posts
Nomad

i think a chat room sounds like a good idea!

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

TBD = to be determined

Dan likes the idea of a live chat, but the old one we had in place put too much strain on the site and servers so we had to remove it. We might do another one in the future, but it will probably show up after AG3 is live.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I would take that feature with a grain of salt, but you're welcome to try that idea again! lol Sorry, I just heard so many bad things about the chat we used to have here, and it wasn't just the system.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I would take that feature with a grain of salt, but you're welcome to try that idea again

Agreed, if users want a chat room they can use an offsite one and link to it.

Although, if it was only used to live chat on the game you're playing I would imagine the spam would decrease at least a little.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Yeah I'm not a fan of a live chat system, because it's too hard to moderate. I think our new activity stream and private messages between users will help a lot with user-to-user spam. And if the new reputation system doesn't grant points for posting by default, and only grants points when users "like" something, I think we'll battle most of the spam right there.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

mabye you could block all curse words and their variations (like using ( for c and putting spaces between the letters.) then they would be so hard-pressed to think of new ways to write curse words, they just wouldn't.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

sorry Ian it is franks falt,(lol) he told me it was "to be done or to be discused" LOL

yah live Chat seem like a computer slowing down time bomb to me! so many problems. i mean i like the idea but puting it in to action with now problems would be hard but it would stop a lot of spaming!

like that idea the Ian! i hope it would work! but people would be hard pressed to get piont unless they realy get in to the communty... that is good and yet bad. cuz for us commity poeple it would be good but for the users (about 75% acording to Mr.DayCee that one time and i think he is right) that only do it as a trophy of there hiness in the gaming world (all bullony)might get out and leave, but them might still stay.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

sorry Ian it is franks falt,(lol) he told me it was "to be done or to be discused" LOL

What what what? Where?

And if the new reputation system doesn't grant points for posting by default, and only grants points when users "like" something, I think we'll battle most of the spam right there.

True enough...I also forsee &quotlz vote up!" but that will just turn out to be the opposite of what the guy wants. The others will just vote down this comment!
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Well, remember that AG3 will have two scoring systems:

Reputation will be based on users liking/disliking content that you write.

Armor Points will be awarded for game achievements, creating game content, etc., so the Armor Points will be more like a gamer score, and not as a reflection of how much they write in the forums, etc.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

What what what? Where?

well i was realy jokeing! but some where you looked it up for all of us and gave a whole bunch or definitions for it. i just wanted to plame soem one (jokingly) or the fun of it don't worry you did nothing wrong but i real fouled ya! uhm december's fools? LOL

so the comminty part would work seperatly form the gamer part of the site (knida in piont any ways) so pionts are to get unlochable and just for those how what to "show off" (i geuss you could call it) and rep are for the comminty rank and well rep. "will" rank be a REP or AP thing?

cuz for us commity poeple it would be good but for the users (about 75% acording to Mr.DayCee that one time and i think he is right) that only do it as a trophy of there hiness in the gaming world (all bullony)might get out and leave, but them might still stay.

that is all wrong then (some what) but people that don't get in to the comminty won't be able to do some stuff then right? like make or (possably) be in clans or stuff like that?
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Correct, Armor Points and Reputation will be needed to do certain things on the site, like uploading custom armatars or creating groups/clans.

No_Stress
No_Stress
366 posts
Nomad

or creating groups/clans.

Are you guys planning to add some kind of group achievements as well?
KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

uhm after (problay a good amout of time) AG3 is lauched they ar "going" to make a "groups/clans" , where you can make one and invite or exepet invites to "groups/clans" that will talk about the subject of what ever the "group/clann" talkes about and so on. you will need a sertant amount of REP or AP to get in.
if they wil make gruop achievement ... I don,t know but there probaly be some, but if they make achievements for making a group/clan it would make people spam alot but after time they would lose REP and would not be able to make group/clans. so realy IDK.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

No, Kyahco, you may not need AP/Rep to *join* a group, your answer was incorrect. What I said was that you would probably need a certain level of AP/Rep to *create* a group.

We had a meeting yesterday afternoon where almost everyone in the company chimed in about achievements and what we wanted to do for our first achievement(s). Larry and I want to give out achievements for submitting a high score on a game, or give out an achievement for whoever has *the* highest score for a game, but Dan would like to actually create a game which gives achievements on the site. I have no examples to cite at this time, but we'll make sure everyone's aware of what we're doing in that area.

Showing 1-15 of 24