ForumsNews and FeedbackHad to Re-enter Invitation Code for AG3 Beta.

7 3424
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I already went above my limit before. I'm not above the limit again, but I have not cleared my cookies, history, or anything in my browser (and I was in the same browser I initially entered the code into.) And I had to re-enter the code again to access AG3 Beta.

Maybe my anti-virus considered the cookie a "tracking cookie" and when I used the anti-virus that it removed it?

(Also I had not accessed the site in about a week.) I really don't want to go over the limit again.

• 7 Replies
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Yeah, I have to re-enter my access code again, but I guess that's just to protect your account.
I have a question, though: In the beta, if you change your password, does it change the password for the beta, for signing into AG2, or nothing yet?

logantheking
logantheking
254 posts
Scribe

Your anti-virus could have gotten rid of the code because it is technically a tracking cookie.
You might want to do the anti-virus manually and check each cookie before it is deleted

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

There's a very good and prolonged thread in GetSatisfaction if you haven't seen it:

Anyway, I believe Ian confirmed it to be a caching issue, rather than a cookie issue. Still, if that cookie's removed, you will have to reiterate your registration into Beta. Keep all your cookies until they expire and the cookie part of Beta won't be a problem.

I don't have problems with signing into Beta itself, but I do have problems when I sign in with my account--it will redirect me to the Beta sign up page after a day.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Hmmm, Is there a way to save that specific cookie to a different location encase the browser clears it I can just replace it?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I actually have no clue about what you can do with cookies. But yeah, you can replace them--you just have to sign in again! harharharharhar....

Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

Yeah I have to sign in again and again. I don't know why it does it because I don't delete my history or cookies either.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

All beta users have been given more activation attempts. See my updated post on GetSatisfaction about helping us test a way to replicate this 100% of the time.

Showing 1-7 of 7