Forums → Game Walkthroughs → Sonny 2 - Piercing & Defense and Stats
I don't quite get the mechanics of Piercing & Defense. Here are some of my questions:
1. "Against an enemy of the same level..." - you have to be on the same level with an enemy for a critical hit to occur?
2. How do I know what element am I hitting? is it skill base? or on occurs? (when that crit actually occurs?)
3. in relation to #2, do some skills deal a particular element? like envenom dealing only poison element?
As for stats what does each stat do beside contributing to damage factors?
- 12 Replies
1. That sentence is more of a hypothetical sort of thing that serves as a reference point. You can critical at any level.
2. You can tell the element of an attack by looking at the font color of the damage number (and the debuff icon if the attack inflicts one). Red is physical, yellow is electric, etc. Healing is light green while poison is dark green.
3. Some skills do have specific elements attached to them. For example, most of the skills of the Cold Hydro build are ice.
4. The piercing is a measure of how much damage you yourself inflict with a specific element (specifically the probability of scoring a critical hit with that element; higher levels offer greater probabilities). Defense measures how much you take from a given element (higher ratings reduce damage by higher percentages).
Hope that helps.
thanks. what about stats? <"z
Well, this one's a little more difficult for me to explain partially due to the fact that I haven't played Sonny 2 in a while, and most skills use one of at least three different stats for their power.
Vitality: Governs max HP. The higher the stat, the higher the character's max HP.
Speed: Movement speed. Governs turn order to some extent like in other RPGs, and also has something to do with attack accuracy (if a character's Speed is too low or the target's Speed too high, the attack will likely miss). Some attacks scale with Speed, doing greater damage with greater Speed. I believe it also has something to do with critical hits, since some of the faster enemies in the game seem to score criticals frequently.
Strength: Some attacks scale with Strength, doing greater damage with greater Strength.
Instinct: Some attacks scale with Instinct, doing greater damage with greater Instinct.
Focus: Basically MP. Fairly self-explanatory. Some equip items and skills can raise or lower the max Focus.
I think there was a sixth stat, but I cannot recall what it is.
There are 33 hit points per point of vitality in Sonny 2 (8 in the original Sonny).
Speed increases the chance that a critical hit will take place, but (unlike the original Sonny) it does not affect the % increase of the critical hit.
Some abilities in the Hydraulic build (Three abilities on the farthest right area) scale with current focus.
No healing moves scale with Speed or purely Strength. There are 5 healing moves in the game:
Reform (Biological) Heals 35/50/65% of max health and applies a focus restoring and health-restoring buff that scales with Strength.
Restore (Hydraulic, also it is debuff cancelling and is drastically increased if used in conjunction with Ice Wall) - Scales with Strength and Instinct
Free Will (Psychological) - Healing and Shielding over time scaling with Instinct. This is very effective if used in conjunction with Ultimatum
Shock Coma (Psychological) - Heals and stuns, according to max HP. Probably more effective if used on the opponent (permanent stun that costs no focus and which puts them out of the game)
There is one more in Hydraulic that was used by the Frost Lord, but unfortunately, I cannot remember its name.
Psychological also has a healing buffer - it increases the healing dealth by 120% and restores focus over time (which is more important than you think it is because Veradux's healing move costs 15 focus).
Dont forget terrify (psycological)
theres also schaudenfreude. (i forget maybe psychological) the healing effect you forgot (i think) is crystalise. it heals you and places an invincible shield around you while stunning you.
No the frost lord doesn't use crystallize, he uses reconstruct. I know it.
What I'd like to know is if you can actually boost healing with some sort of piercing. Because the Psycho build has a strong healing /subversion kill that doesn't work on enemies 3 lvl higher anymore (or they have some sort of protection against it)
If you don't want to know this combo: SPOILER
I use 2x High Voltage, Shock Coma, High Voltage, Shock Coma and then Subversion.
The High Voltages grant 50% more healing. 3 * 50% = 150%
The Shock Coma heals for 12% of maximum life. 2 * 12% = 24%
With Overdrive activated you deal 100% more healing and damage over time. So the combo makes: 24% *2.5 (from High voltage) * 2 (from Overdrive) = 108% of the target's life. With subversion you can instantly kill him.
Although as I said, that doesn't work against targets 3 level higher as the first encounters in Zone 4...
My question is if I can boost this combo with piercing equipment...
anybody know what increases focus?
Warm Neurology as a hydraulic,the Wrath weapon from the Z2 store,and the stalkers set in Z5.If they are used altogether,you get 180 max focus.
Also,the Frost Lord uses Reconstruct.Crystalize is a 2-4 turn stun technique a Boilogical can learn at level 10.Reconstruct also pairs well with Ice Wall,healing 91% of your max per turn(assuming both are maxed).It costs 60 focus,though,so Vapor Cannon is nessicary to keep the Reconstruct going.Or Regulate,your choice.OR both.
You must be logged in to post a reply!