ForumsNews and FeedbackWhy do we need AG3?

45 11626
wideloadbo10
wideloadbo10
146 posts
Nomad

why do we need an ag3?

• 45 Replies
TheAKGuy
TheAKGuy
995 posts
Nomad

Well, this version is getting old. Made in 2007? The site managers want to get updated. Don't ask. It's their decision.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I don't see the harm in wondering why we need AG3. Anyway I believe in order to keep serving its audience to the best it is able to, AG needs to keep itself up to date.

That's where AG3 comes in.

watermelon245
watermelon245
98 posts
Nomad

i saw AG3, this looks pretty old and AG3 looks better thats why we need a new AG check it out when it comes out or if you were one of the beta testers.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

A good example would be the capabilities of AG2 compared to the new AG3. Gonna quote Strop for a sec:

The AG2 forum code was very messy as it was a hastily thrown-together home-grown bunch of scripts. As a result, the forum tended to lag greatly and was quite unable to do many functions considered ordinary on other boards. Others were removed to preserve performance. [...]

So AG3's job is to:

--Increase the capabilities of the system

--Provide some great, new features that have been discussed, but couldn't be added throughout AG2's lifetime.

--Provide some great, new features that haven't.

--With some features, increase the activity that a user can do with flash gaming.

It is a complete overhaul on the system, and it's just going to overall be better.
derek13756
derek13756
168 posts
Nomad

i think it would be good for armorgames websites are always getting updated.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

In a nutshell, the current web site was designed and built by a third-party group, or possibly a lone developer, and there are so many enhancements and changes we want to make to make armorgames.com the very best online gaming site that we decided to start over FROM SCRATCH to rebuild the site. Everything about AG3 is brand new. It'll be faster, we'll be able to do so much more with it, we'll be able to add new features faster, it'll be more secure, etc.

pedrohcc
pedrohcc
5 posts
Shepherd

it will be very nice the AG3, because the interface of the AG,and also put the sugestions of the users in use

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

how dare you!!!!!

yeah, AG3 is newer, better, faster, and has a lot of new stuff crammed into it. (and all the above)

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

From what I've heard it sounds like its going to be MUCH improved

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

It IS much improved, and we're happy to let more people take a peek at it. Just sign up at http://beta.armorgames.com/ and we'll send all new signups an invitation code on the 13th to join the beta.

MusicMan102
MusicMan102
314 posts
Nomad

I've already signed up and I've heard its gonna be sweet, hope I get to test it

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

I am sad we have to wait till Dec 13. =( I want to try it now! But good things come to those who wait...

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

It's only about a week away and why didn't you sign up in early November? We need ag3 because it's going to be an updated version of this site with a bunch of new and better features :P

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

we'll send all new signups an invitation code on the 13th to join the beta.

when will the next one be available
i sent an invatation twice and i havent got in yet
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

when will the next one be available

Well, when Claymore (now) was released, Cormyn released the news of Falchion like...a couple hours later. I can't say the same for afterwards, buuut...I think you can expect him to give a release date shortly after Falchion is released. You can ask him if you want, just to clarify
Showing 1-15 of 45