Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Will AG3 be more forum focused?

Posted Nov 30, '10 at 9:31pm

MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy

73 posts

I was just reading through some of the forums threads and I started thinking to myself, because the forums seem to be the secondary role to the games on AG, which isn't really a problem, I mean, just look at the name of the site. But I was still wondering whether there's going to be something different or more significant about the forums in AG3.

Any input is welcome. :D

Posted Dec 1, '10 at 12:45am

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,220 posts

Forums are TBD (to be decided), which means there hasn't really been anything official about it on AG3. The forums could be the same, it could be different, the threads will still be there, it will be wiped clean, or there will be no forums altogether. That being said, I see a very ominous "community" in Beta that is part of the toolbar. It has no buttons or links, but it's there.

There will be plenty of extra stuff to do while playing games in AG3. This leads me to believe it will be more game-based, which is a good thing. Being able to do more things with the games you play will have a positive domino effect on the overall activity of AG.

Posted Dec 1, '10 at 1:04am

KyahcoSukaimasutae

KyahcoSukaimasutae

314 posts

frank is right, a lot of things are TBD all we can real conferm is that there are privesy steting and the have off topic desciptions (hopefull will be changed! LOL) about wizzard of oz. an there are a lot of shiny buttons that don't work plus a game setcion that is a lot like the ones we have in AG2. that is about it.

but we do have the ifno from descutions i don't think they will get ridd of the forums but they might clear them all and start over. an ediet bottun is a probbly, what eingeine they use is unknow but they wanted one that can update faster and works better. the games *will* have achevment that give you AP and they want to make more like that to focuse on the games and the playing of them not as much on the rating and commenting on them (stop some of the spam), though that is iporttant. other that that it is all TBD

Posted Dec 1, '10 at 1:53am

logantheking

logantheking

251 posts

More forum focus is fine and sounds goo but it is Armorgames.com so I think games will be the main focus. That said, there are some things that could be done to improve the forums.

Posted Dec 1, '10 at 1:53pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

If anything, I think AG3 might be LESS forum-based with the new activity streams and game comment streams, and other things we're planning for walkthroughs and so on.

Then again, only a very small percentage of our users actually use the forums on a regular basis NOW: in the past 90 days, we've only had about 3,000 active users in the forums, out of 700,000+ users. That's less than 0.5% of our users.

Posted Dec 1, '10 at 2:29pm

xeano321

xeano321

2,599 posts

Knight

I hope its not forum focused. Armor games is a GAMING site not a online forum. If you want to socialize go to facebook or something.

Posted Dec 1, '10 at 11:32pm

KyahcoSukaimasutae

KyahcoSukaimasutae

314 posts

I hope its not forum focused. Armor games is a GAMING site not a online forum. If you want to socialize go to facebook or something.

Armor Game is not a socializing site but in the forums there are a lot of that do. a lot (most) is game based but there is a lot that is not (world, news, politics, and reliogen, the tavern and so on) so it at it's code is a GAMER site but there are still that 3,000 users that do use the forums. (i know that it is a small chunk but still 3,000 is a lot of people! expeshaly for a forum!)

Posted Dec 2, '10 at 12:55am

EnterOrion

EnterOrion

3,615 posts

If anything, I think AG3 might be LESS forum-based with the new activity streams and game comment streams, and other things we're planning for walkthroughs and so on.

How could we possibly be less forum-based than by deleting them entirely? Forums have never had even a tertiary role in the site.

This is all going to make me sadfaic and leave AG, if all this comes to fruition. The forums are irreplaceable. Most of the interesting (or rather, all of it) stuff here is based on discussions among groups of people. Most of us met our friends on the forums, not by randomly talking via comments.

/plead for forum safety

Posted Dec 2, '10 at 1:09am

vinster132

vinster132

5,505 posts

Then again, only a very small percentage of our users actually use the forums on a regular basis NOW: in the past 90 days, we've only had about 3,000 active users in the forums, out of 700,000+ users. That's less than 0.5% of our users.

But...

1. The forums aren't recognized easily.
2. There are a lot of ghosts.
3. Even though this is still a gaming site, it doesn't mean that the forums are left out.
4. 3,000 is actually quite a lot to me. (My opinion)
5. It might drive out the regulars of the forums and they might leave.

But for right now, I would probably just want the forums to stay. You said "LESS forum-based", so I'm assuming that there will be the forums, but they are just not much involved along with the new stuff. Right?

Posted Dec 2, '10 at 10:42am

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

Oh don't get me wrong, I love the forums and will fight to keep them. There are no plans to kill the forums from the site completely.

I do agree with vinster132 that the forums would get more traffic if more users knew about them.

Reply to Will AG3 be more forum focused?

You must be logged in to post a reply!