Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Will AG3 be more forum focused?

Posted Dec 2, '10 at 7:11pm

KyahcoSukaimasutae

KyahcoSukaimasutae

314 posts

maybe a good "add" or more of a "intro" with text or video/pic about the site on the mai page that talkes bout it and shows all the fetures. this would get people to sign up more and to explore all of the fetures talked about in the "intro", this would explan that there is a forum with all kinds of stuff in it. and about the games, and so on.

i think this would rase both the memeber count and the active forumers count! plus show pople around a little!
IDK just thought it would be usefull.

Posted Dec 2, '10 at 9:32pm

vinster132

vinster132

5,505 posts

i think this would rase both the memeber count and the active forumers count! plus show pople around a little!

One question, what about the spammers storming in the forums? More traffic can cause more chaos though. But we will see about that. There are a lot of things new for us coming from AGv3.

Posted Dec 2, '10 at 9:49pm

thepossum

thepossum

2,289 posts

NOW: in the past 90 days, we've only had about 3,000 active users in the forums, out of 700,000+ users. That's less than 0.5% of our users.

Yes, but how many of those 700,00+ play the games? Most of the don't participate in either the games OR the forums. However, this doesn't change the fact that the forums are still a relatively small part of the site, comparatively.

Posted Dec 3, '10 at 1:44am

KyahcoSukaimasutae

KyahcoSukaimasutae

314 posts

One question, what about the spammers storming in the forums? More traffic can cause more chaos though. But we will see about that. There are a lot of things new for us coming from AGv3.

well spamming would have to be for the fun of it, because spamming is not going to give you pionts and it will problay lower you REP. so only bad can come from spammingin AG3. but do we realy want the forums to be small, and have not 0.5% users? at some piont we souldn't expect more user and the AG3 hype (not calling it all hype) will (and is) bring more users to the forum and the whole site! but we do have a lot of mods on this site (compared to some i have seen). so that problem most likly will happen at some piont any ways.

Yes, but how many of those 700,00+ play the games?

good piont! realy how many do? *look at Ian* @.@

Posted Dec 3, '10 at 5:12am

MRWalker82

MRWalker82

3,874 posts

One question, what about the spammers storming in the forums? More traffic can cause more chaos though.

Meh, we are going to get spammers regardless. Personally I'd rather have to deal with a few more spammers in order to bring some new people into the community. More people means more ideas, more opinions, and more activity. If I have to spend an extra hour per day deleting comments and dealing with argumentative irritants then so be it.

Posted Dec 3, '10 at 2:53pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,206 posts

well spamming would have to be for the fun of it, because spamming is not going to give you pionts and it will problay lower you REP. so only bad can come from spammingin AG3.

Not to mention having "side-effects" from having low reputation. Right?
Like higher delays for posting and not posting at all?
And if this should happen automatically when a post is deleted and not have reputation manually decreased, then there should be little to no problems with more people on the forums.

Reply to Will AG3 be more forum focused?

You must be logged in to post a reply!