ForumsArt, Music, and WritingAwesome Art Contest: The Stone Age (p34)

362 103525
manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

Hi,

Some of you may remember the Art Skills Competition(ASC) that died some time ago, and there has been no succesful drawing art competition since it died. It died because there was no judge and other reasons, but I joined in the last 2 rounds of that competition and I have to say that I miss it.

So, I decided to have go at making another arty competition of that kind. And every succesful contest must have a set of rules.

1. You must not use artwork that belongs to any other person other than yourself

2. The artwork must be visual, not literary or audible. It can be a photo manipulation or drawing or other.

3. The deadline is 2 weeks from the setting of a new theme

4. You can submit more than one artwork, but must say which is your final

5. You must follow the theme

6. Anyone who fails to follow the first rule will be first warned, if repeated, then suspended for a round and then 2, and then banned until further notice.

7. The will be up to 5 awards each round which may vary, except for the 1st place award and Scenery award(background).

For anyone that would like to enter here's the Programs you could use alongside many others:

GIMP - free
Paint
Photoshop(costs)
Corel Painter(costs)

This round's Theme is

Ninjas

The 2 varying awards for this round are:

Weapon award
Stealth award

I will be the judge, so I won't enter

Hope this works

• 362 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Oh, I'm sure there's many ways to achieve that sort of effect, I just listed mine.

Also kinda see it more like pencil than crayon due to the narrowness, but yeah~

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Psst - How long do we have for this? Because an unreal (heh) idea just popped into my head as I'm logging off for the night.

*before posting, becomes un-lazy and checks page 10*

Oh, after Chrissy. Sweet

manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

yeah, might make it longer for the obvious reason though

manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

Judging is one week from now.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Also kinda see it more like pencil than crayon due to the narrowness, but yeah~

Hmmm,, I thought it looked more like white chalk and on blueish tinted chalk board, it's a really nice effect too!
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Hah, chalk works too. I suppose it's the black/gray version that looks more pencilly, can totally see the white as chalk.

Also, @Reton:

Yes, you should. But since you've already fiddled with it, go upload and show me.
*prods your locked comments*

manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

yea, but isn't it that you can play around with people's art for personal use, as in not sharing it.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

It's more that people can't stop you from doing it, really. It is legal. It's just kinda... Rude?

manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

rude.. I think I'd like it if people played around with my art, that would mean that they like it and are intrested in it.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Matter of opinion. When it's something unfinished, I don't usually mind it, I'd just like to know about it.

If it's something finished, I would prefer if people stayed away from it (although stuff like resizing to fit a desktop or adjusting the colours for the same sort of purpose is something I don't mind).

I'm actually okay with most sort of edits if I get asked. Could compare it to sandwiches. You want a bite of my sandwich? Sure, if you ask for it I'll happily let you have some. You take my sandwich without telling me? I'll get pretty annoyed.

manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

I guess it is.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Would you like it if someone took your homemade sandwich, ate a big bite and put in a slice of something that definitely wasn't there before? :<

manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

No, but if it was my art I sure would be happy to see that my art is worth a closer look. I would only be annoyed if they said they drew it themselves and gave no credit.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Closer look, analysis and similar things are very far from being the same thing as altering. :<

nitewalker11
nitewalker11
17 posts
Nomad

If I were to enter, what would be the primary critera for a winning drawing? Also, would a big, robotic suit classify?

Showing 106-120 of 362