ForumsArt, Music, and WritingAwesome Art Contest: The Stone Age (p34)

362 105155
manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

Hi,

Some of you may remember the Art Skills Competition(ASC) that died some time ago, and there has been no succesful drawing art competition since it died. It died because there was no judge and other reasons, but I joined in the last 2 rounds of that competition and I have to say that I miss it.

So, I decided to have go at making another arty competition of that kind. And every succesful contest must have a set of rules.

1. You must not use artwork that belongs to any other person other than yourself

2. The artwork must be visual, not literary or audible. It can be a photo manipulation or drawing or other.

3. The deadline is 2 weeks from the setting of a new theme

4. You can submit more than one artwork, but must say which is your final

5. You must follow the theme

6. Anyone who fails to follow the first rule will be first warned, if repeated, then suspended for a round and then 2, and then banned until further notice.

7. The will be up to 5 awards each round which may vary, except for the 1st place award and Scenery award(background).

For anyone that would like to enter here's the Programs you could use alongside many others:

GIMP - free
Paint
Photoshop(costs)
Corel Painter(costs)

This round's Theme is

Ninjas

The 2 varying awards for this round are:

Weapon award
Stealth award

I will be the judge, so I won't enter

Hope this works

• 362 Replies
manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

oh, I didn't notice that one, I guess I kinda skipped it.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Two days left.

jaza_m
jaza_m
1,356 posts
Nomad

Does anyone want the judging just a tad earlier? Because I wouldn't mind it :3

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Hey, my subconscious is freaking awesome.

1. Headphones on
2. Open 'For Lack of a Better Name' by Deadmau5
3. Draw
4. Subconsciously make it fit the theme.

I never knew what I could do at 1am listening to Deadmau5.

manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

yeah, it's true that when you're slighly subconcious, you do things better. It's because a certain part of your brain that is responsible for the hand/whatever is being disrupted by some other part(if you are doing it conciously). While if you do it slighly, sub conciously, the disruption is not there.

Try it out by throwing a ball at a target. Put lots of mind effort for it to hit it, and it won't be as good if you spend roughly 1 sec aiming with less consiousness.

If no one submits anything new, or says they will submit. The judging will be when I come back from school in 7.30 hours!!!!!

jaza_m
jaza_m
1,356 posts
Nomad

You dissapoint me Manny :'(

phsycomonkey
phsycomonkey
789 posts
Nomad

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! THE ROSE IS MINE!!! sorry... Jaza just re-posted it cause i couldn't get it

manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

You dissapoint me Manny :'(

I didn't judge it because I forgot and was busy reading the GSCE booklet. Anyway judging is now:

Programming/Originality Award

Link for the anim

Well, this was a great idea for the contest, and the completied piece is definitely not below expectations. Well done to gaboloth!

Good Points: The range of the colours, the spread of the particles, the originality, the inclusion of coding, the idea.
To Improve: the way the little blue character follows the mouse is good, but the fact that he can't be very far away from the mouse(because he's too fast) is annoying. The edges of the spotlights are too.. crisp(pixels are visible).

Bursting with Colour Award

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/3861/color2.png

This artwork is definitely along the lines of the 'Colourful' theme. And I think this is literally 'Bursting with Colour'. Great work jdogg!

Good points: effects, hand is well drawn, the colour palette is well picked.
To Improve: The back ground could be better, and the crayon effect is a bit too rough.

Artistic Award

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt89/017hoff/ColorfulRose.jpg

I chose this for the artistic award, because the shading and the lines are ideal! Great pic psychomonkey!

Good points: The shaging is very good, and line quality is fantastic!
To Improve: The rainbow is straight lines across where the folds of the petals are, and to wards the left edge a bit of turquoise creeps into the green.

Scenery Award

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/colourful.png

Well, I have to say the background for this image was very well picked and drawn. Great background Cenere!

Good points: The bg is fantastic, the light coming through the window.
To Improve: I think the top of the can is kind of not in perspective. And in places the shading doesn't seem right

1st Place Award

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww267/XxxDarKArgeNxxX/Color.png

Fantastic image! Wow, great idea! Just awesome, ABarOfSoap!

Good points: The detail of the brush, the sharpness of the grey 'wall'(or whatever), the mixing/swirls/twists/curls of the colours.
To Improve: The paint is to blurred and soesn't fit as well with your sharpness of the picture, and the spiral in the cyan top part.

Ranking(oh how I hate this part.

Ranking(oh how I hate this part)

1. ABarOfSoap
2. psychomonkey
3. jdogg
4. gaboloth
5. jaza_m - awesome touch pad skills
6. KingLemon
7. Cenere
8. kacboy
9. fluffybunny422

Thanks for all the fantastic entries; I was happy to see all the images.

New theme is.....

Night

here's some inspiration from me

And mods, if you haven't worked it out yet, title is:

Awesome Art Contest r4: Night

Sorry psychmonkey!! (I am glad I had a copy of this in notepad!)
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

Awesome! I like the new theme! But don't expect another animation because my flash trial expired :'(

phsycomonkey
phsycomonkey
789 posts
Nomad

Thank you Manny ;D Night is gonna be fun Good luck everyone, look forward to seeing yours!

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

How did Cenere get 6th!

Oh well, I got 3rd, I'm happy.

Also, I don't think animation should be allowed, because it is a whole different concept.

kacboy
kacboy
1,846 posts
Nomad

8th! That's ... IDK. :/
Ima get my up after exams. D:

manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

Also, I don't think animation should be allowed, because it is a whole different concept.

I don't want this to be limited to drawings, I want it to be visual art: photography, painting, designing, animating, model-making, animation and whatever is visual.

How did Cenere get 6th!

the can top was out of perspective and the shading could have been better
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

And mods, if you haven't worked it out yet,

Uhuuuuuh.
Sam with your "mods delete..." post. Uhuuuuuuuuuh...

the can top was out of perspective and the shading could have been better

I do agree with the first, but I did sit with a can and stared at it. The shading however...
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/night1.jpg

Which is also my new wallpaper, because I made it the proper size for that (and rescaled for AG, since big images apparently get low rating as seen above).
Yeah. It's night-related.

Showing 196-210 of 362