ForumsNews and FeedbackArmor Games 3 The Future of Gaming.

26 7851
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I think Armor Games 3 (AG3) can be the future of Gaming (or part of it at least). I know a few other sites already have more extensive social capabilities but AG3 will have more social capabilities too (activity stream, statuses, etc.).

Video Games have been in the socially realm for sometime now (with Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Xbox, being the first big name consoles to include online gaming and with World of Warcraft and the increase of Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games (MMORPG)

Think of Facebook. Remember how many people started playing and talking about Farmville? Millions right? People probably enjoyed it because they were playing with their friends. But Facebook is a socializing platform first and a gaming platform second.
Now think what Armor Games 3 can be (what it looks like it's headed toward as well). It's a gaming site first and a social site second. It's focus is gaming but it's now incorporating more social elements. That's what gives the gaming experience more depth. It will be like playing games on Facebook only with more depth and focus on and in the games and more gaming elements. It's what people want, and what the gaming industry has been doing. Social gaming.
Imagine posting status like "Playing this game come join me", or "Play me in this game." and then your friends join you. You can boast a high score and see what your friends are up to. (Sure you won't be using your real name, but they are your online friends.)

I think that free, online , social, gaming, is the future of gaming and AG3 will deliver!

• 26 Replies
Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

Well since we are back onto digging this topic. I perfectly dig the games.

Is everyone going to "dig" their posts from now on? XD

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

DIGFEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm digging the digfest, which is about digging digs.

Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

Ok guys, let's not get off topic. Try to stop using the word "dig".

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Enough digging please....and sorry I even got it started >_>

I'm eager to test the activity stream features. I think this is the most code-fu-tastic feature of all that is considered. Maybe I can finally encourage Goumas to beat my Corporation Inc. score. He's been sitting at 24 days.

Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

Well that's ironic that we said to stop "digging" at the same time.

I'm just eager to see what will be open on the 13th like the activity stream.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

the activity stream is the thing where you can chat with your friends and see what your friends are doing and their scores in games, right?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Ian on page1 on this thread:

[quote]Reton8 wrote: Imagine posting status like "Playing this game come join me", or "Play me in this game."

The activity streams that Larry is building will do things like that for us on AG3. For example:

Reton8 just submitted a new high score in Nuclearoids. Think you can beat him? Click here to try!

Or when a user creates some shared game content (like a castle in Crush The Castle), which we call "gameshares", we might post something like:

Reton8 just created a new gameshare for Crush the Castle. Click here to try it, and don't forget to rate it when you're done.

The exact wording/phrases/links etc are all subject to change, but you get the idea.

These 'activities' will appear in the streams for all of Reton8's "followers" and "friends", unless they decided to 'mute' his activities for whatever reason, or if Reton8 himself decides that only friends should see his highscores, etc. or whether to keep all that stuff private.

Any users that can see these activities in their stream will be able to post comments and feedback on them, and then other users will viewing access to the activities can then like/dislike the comments (or flag for abuse) which will affect the commenter's reputation.[/quote]
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

okay, okay, i was just making sure.

Outstanding
Outstanding
75 posts
Peasant

Those are some GREAT ideas. AG3 is going to be awesome.

5hadowles5
5hadowles5
93 posts
Nomad

TO TELL THE TRUTH

5hadowles5
5hadowles5
93 posts
Nomad

ARMOR GAMES is the best flash game site i have ever seen ok some body will say kongregate newgrounds or crazy monkey games but in terms of game quality it is impossible to be better then AG the whole page layout even compliments the gaming graphics (HOW? black background vs white background NOT RACISM but the white background makes the games pop) so i think it is the best.

Showing 16-26 of 26