ForumsNews and FeedbackHighscore games tab

5 3681
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

I think there should be a tab for games that when you get a highscore it gets sent to the AG highscores

• 5 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

To reword this, you want a way to see all of the games for which you've submitted a high score?

No_Stress
No_Stress
366 posts
Nomad

(I'm sorry, I was trying to not use an example from any other site, but...)
I believe he is talking about a similar system that Kongregate use.
A high score tab(on each game that has the high score implemented - AGI?) that can show you the best high score for: Today / This Week / All Time and Friends.
Even if is not what he is trying to say I still think this could be a good thing to have on AG3.
(Not exactly the same system but could it be at least something similar.)

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

To reword this, you want a way to see all of the games for which you've submitted a high score?

That is a great idea! Like a page you and others can view from your profile that shows all your high scores maybe just sorted in a table.
I would say post it to getsatisfaction but since you're an Admin maybe you don't need to?
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Well, we've already talked internally about having high scores for games available outside of the games on the web site itself, instead of having to load the game, click a game option to view high scores, etc.

It would only work, however, for games which use our interface library to save high scores on our systems. If a game manages its own high score system or posts the scores elsewhere on the Internet ("in the cloud&quot then we won't be able to post those scores on our site.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

It would only work, however, for games which use our interface library to save high scores on our systems. If a game manages its own high score system or posts the scores elsewhere on the Internet ("in the cloud&quot then we won't be able to post those scores on our site.

Even if the site could only keep track of highscores for users that use your interface library, I still think it would be cool to have. But, then again it would probably cause a lot of users to say, "All my high scores aren't listing in my 'my high scores section' on my profile." Which might be a good reason not to add have it unless it were somehow possible to keep track of all the highscores, which you basically just said wasn't possible (you'd have to manipulate the game code itself of the games that couldn't be tracked to track them, I assuming. And that would probably break some sort of agreement with the developer of the game and take a long, long time to implement for each game, even if the developer (s) agreed.)
Showing 1-5 of 5