ForumsNews and Feedbacksponsor attempt 2

11 4688
johnmchall
johnmchall
78 posts
Nomad

well, because it got a rather annoying amount of feedback on getsatisfaction, they wanted me to post ANOTHER thread about my original idea, but changed drastically. please read the entire comments and replies on it before posting. [url=http://getsatisfaction.com/armorgames/topics/sponsorship-1drmiu]

• 11 Replies
johnmchall
johnmchall
78 posts
Nomad

bah didn't work the first time here. here

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

No, as Walker and many others pointed out one of the reasons AG is so popular is that all content is free to all users.

The only way I would support a paid site is if once you payed all ads were removed, similar to free/pain apps on smart phones.

johnmchall
johnmchall
78 posts
Nomad

did you read the entire thing? no. you didn't.

waluigi
waluigi
1,948 posts
Shepherd

I definitely like the idea of having special abilities for people that have been here for a certain time and have a certain amount of rep. I recommend possibly a year for the time limit, but I'm not sure about the rep.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Did you make any attempt to clarify your idea on this site at all? No you didn't, if you want feed back on the idea that you're proposing instead of the one you previously proposed, and linked to, it would probably be a good idea to actually clarify what the new idea is.

The idea of giving users with more rep points more privileges has been discussed before and been meet with support, I doubt this will be any different.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I saw three things:

1) Features are given when you pay X amount of dollars

2) Features are given to those that have been on the site X amount of days and/or X amount of AP/Rep.

3) Features are given to those that win a tournament of some kind.

Completely disagree with #1. Alexa and I agree that the great majority of users here are children--people who normally have to ask their parents for their paypal account and for money to insert. I certainly don't want to pay for lines of code, nor would I think it be pretty for parents to get involved with the ArmorGames team on paying aspect.

2) Apologies if you didn't put in Reputation with your idea. I added that

I put that there, because I don't agree with the rest. AP denotes how much you have contributed to the site gaming wise (in the future of course), while the time on ArmorGames doesn't really denote anything. Considering many of the discussions on this reputation issue, it *looks* like it will be community/message based contributions that involves voting up posts and such. Gaining Reputation as a result of many people liking your posts seems a much better requirement for extra features. It's something to shoot for, while contributing greatly to the site.

3) They will have to be official tournaments by the AG team itself. They haven't really done much in the past with contests and such (as in not that many), but there may be good hopes in the future for more frequent tournaments and contests.

Also, I'm really not sure why you made a thread here instead of continuing the discussion in GS.

johnmchall
johnmchall
78 posts
Nomad

holy balls. can anyone fully read what i post? as i said, i scraped the idea of paying for it, scraping the tournaments along with it, and am debating about having it be an amount of time required or amount of AP required. i really don't believe it is that hard to comprehend.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Why don't you post your idea here then? As we apparently aren't able to grasp the concept from the get satisfaction thread it might make it easier to discuss what you're actually proposing.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Calm down, I put that there too. I just wanted my opinions on the rest of them. What do you think about my reason#2? Is that fine?

johnmchall
johnmchall
78 posts
Nomad

yeah, we were debating whether or not it should be a combonation of time spent and w/e the devil we go with as a form of A
P. they disagreed, so just a amount of AP. probably low, though.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Personally I think that such benefits should be to those of certain levels of rep as opposed to AP. From my understanding of the system with AG3, AP is more related to game accomplishments and soforth while rep is going to based off of users valuing your input.

I feel that rewards like what you are proposing would be best linked to the users who the community feel benefit AG the most, not the users who play/hack the most games. I would recommend you propose your idea to the developers and the community in a clearly explained manner detailing what benefits you would propose, as well as establish a link to user reputation which would unlock these benefits.

Furthermore, as I understand the rep system, users will be able to lose rep if their input becomes subpar and they are no longer contributing quality input to the site, which could also result in their losing their 'rivileges', which I think would be a good motivator for users to not only strive to contribute in a helpful manner, but to maintain that tradition of quality, which may help maintain a standard within the AG community.

Showing 1-11 of 11