ForumsSupport ForumQuick FAQ - This answers everything

201 60641
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

What are the rules?
No flaming: Try to behave yourself and not cuss out other users, even if they did you any wrong. If you do this, chances are you will get punished just as hard as the one offending you.
No spam: Try to make your posts and comments longer than 7 words, otherwise it can be considered spam and deleted.
No circumventing our Censor: If you really have to swear, let the censor do the censoring, and do not try to write it out in a way that could bypass our censor.
Try not to post in really old threads. There is a reason for them not to be on the front page. Make a new one, if you are concerned about something. (Usual guideline is in between 10 pages/two weeks of searching back in the section).
Relevance. Make sure your thread or post actually is relevant to the section or thread you post in. And that you are contributing to the topic.

Flagging/reporting:
If you find posts or threads that break the rules, but in a non harmful (and thus urgent way), flag these posts by clicking the red flag on the side.
If the rule being broken is harmful, report the offender to a mod with a link to the place the rule is being broken, and who the offender is.

Spam:
Spam in our context is either short (unnecessary) posts, shorter than 7 words, is unrelated to the topic completely, is advertising links to external sites or to threads that is unrelated to the topic.
Spam is also repeated posts and copied posts or comments. Please do report such happenstances to a mod.
For more: Here.

Common suggestions:
We have a list of common suggestions, but considering the soon to be released AG3, you are better off suggesting something for the new version, than trying to get something done in this.
Common suggestions can however be found here.

--

Who are the mods?
This lot.
If you believe you could be a mod, do not ask the other mods if you could be one, either show us through a good behaviour, or use the contact page to ask the staff. Please do not suggest other users either. If they are not mods yet, then they are either being considered already, we are not looking, or they have been rejected (for now).

Merits:
Info here and here.
A merit is a reward given to good, useful and constructive game comments (as well as a prize for winning certain contests in the art section).
It consists of 25AP and a nod in your merit-count.

Mods are always on the lookout for merits when they clean spam from games, so if you have not gotten a merit for some outstanding comment of yours, either we have not yet seen it, or perhaps it was not as outstanding as you thought.
Remember that being given a merit is not a right.
Please do not ask for merits or suggest comments for merits, we can do this job fine ourselves.

How do I...
Use the codes of this site?
A good guide can be found here with and addition here.
How do I find a friend of mine?
You can either ask them for their username, or go looking in the forums. There is no real way to search for them, besides our various costom searches, one which can be found here.
If you know their username, just insert it in this link: armorgames.com/user/NAMEHERE
How do I friend another user?
Go to their profile, click the green "ADD FRIEND" button. You have now friended the other user.

I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS!!
Look through this and this. If your question has not been answered then, feel free to post the question in either the Support and Suggestions section or the Newcomers section.

Missing a game?
We do have moments of disappearing games for some reason. Check it is just not loading. Hopefully this will be resolved in AG3.

• 201 Replies
exicoasterpath
exicoasterpath
257 posts
Nomad

Why do all the stickied threads on this says Cenere? Is this an administrator abusing its power?

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Same reason the stickies in all the other forums are ... unusual.

Check the date, yo. :P

baris4500
baris4500
23 posts
Nomad

This is helpful. Thanks =)

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

What happened with the old FAQ? There used to be the-ranks-and-the-AP-you-needed-to-become-that-rank list.

exicoasterpath
exicoasterpath
257 posts
Nomad

Really? I never saw it. How long ago was it? I only started on this website on February 22nd.

exicoasterpath
exicoasterpath
257 posts
Nomad

Also, it is good to search through AG3 if you want to learn about the website that will come.

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,421 posts
Nomad

Do you get in trouble if you say ****, ****, ****, *****, *****, ******bag, ***got, and a bunch of other words excessively?

Will you get banned?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Do you get in trouble if you say ****, ****, ****, *****, *****, ******bag, ***got, and a bunch of other words excessively?

Will you get banned?

From the Forum-Rules:
- No excessive swearing or language. If you're that angry about something, take a break from the forums for a while, or confront the other user directly instead of in the forums. Also, do not attempt to use any means to bypass our profanity filter, such as misspelling a cuss word, or using punctuation or spaces. We are much more likely to ban users for this behavior than those who let the profanity filter replace cuss words with *'s instead. Still, excessive swearing can get you in trouble too, so keep it clean.
leetBlaze
leetBlaze
2 posts
Nomad

Well, I pretty much knew all of the rules mentioned here. Simply because it's technically the same rules as all other gaming websites.

Though the information about merits did help a lot. Thanks.

baris4500
baris4500
23 posts
Nomad

This helped me a lot. Thanks and good job.

darthgorbag
darthgorbag
50 posts
Scribe

loloynage2: I actually just found a thread a few minutes ago where someone posted a list how-many-points-needed-to-get-what rank. It was actually my very first forum post. I commented because it also listed what I was looking for, which is a list of what-actions-i-do-will-earn-me-how-many-points.
I'll see if I can successfully post the link to it here: [url=http://armorgames.com/community/thread/7352699/rank-system/page/1#post-7386836]

I hope that helps you.

europeandeath
europeandeath
33 posts
Nomad

Useful information, i just flag people when they bother me i dont retaliate, no point.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Useful information, i just flag people when they bother me i dont retaliate, no point.

you might also want to report the person to a mod because flagging something sends it right to the admins, and they don't "moderate" as much.

and here's darthgorbag's link.
paganizonda999
paganizonda999
14 posts
Nomad

How do you change your profile picture? Do you need a certain amount of AP?

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

How do you change your profile picture? Do you need a certain amount of AP?

Go on Control Panel on the top right of the screen, under your profile name. Then click on Armatars and change it. And with more AP, you unlock more of them.
Showing 46-60 of 201