ForumsSupport ForumQuick FAQ - This answers everything

201 60642
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

What are the rules?
No flaming: Try to behave yourself and not cuss out other users, even if they did you any wrong. If you do this, chances are you will get punished just as hard as the one offending you.
No spam: Try to make your posts and comments longer than 7 words, otherwise it can be considered spam and deleted.
No circumventing our Censor: If you really have to swear, let the censor do the censoring, and do not try to write it out in a way that could bypass our censor.
Try not to post in really old threads. There is a reason for them not to be on the front page. Make a new one, if you are concerned about something. (Usual guideline is in between 10 pages/two weeks of searching back in the section).
Relevance. Make sure your thread or post actually is relevant to the section or thread you post in. And that you are contributing to the topic.

Flagging/reporting:
If you find posts or threads that break the rules, but in a non harmful (and thus urgent way), flag these posts by clicking the red flag on the side.
If the rule being broken is harmful, report the offender to a mod with a link to the place the rule is being broken, and who the offender is.

Spam:
Spam in our context is either short (unnecessary) posts, shorter than 7 words, is unrelated to the topic completely, is advertising links to external sites or to threads that is unrelated to the topic.
Spam is also repeated posts and copied posts or comments. Please do report such happenstances to a mod.
For more: Here.

Common suggestions:
We have a list of common suggestions, but considering the soon to be released AG3, you are better off suggesting something for the new version, than trying to get something done in this.
Common suggestions can however be found here.

--

Who are the mods?
This lot.
If you believe you could be a mod, do not ask the other mods if you could be one, either show us through a good behaviour, or use the contact page to ask the staff. Please do not suggest other users either. If they are not mods yet, then they are either being considered already, we are not looking, or they have been rejected (for now).

Merits:
Info here and here.
A merit is a reward given to good, useful and constructive game comments (as well as a prize for winning certain contests in the art section).
It consists of 25AP and a nod in your merit-count.

Mods are always on the lookout for merits when they clean spam from games, so if you have not gotten a merit for some outstanding comment of yours, either we have not yet seen it, or perhaps it was not as outstanding as you thought.
Remember that being given a merit is not a right.
Please do not ask for merits or suggest comments for merits, we can do this job fine ourselves.

How do I...
Use the codes of this site?
A good guide can be found here with and addition here.
How do I find a friend of mine?
You can either ask them for their username, or go looking in the forums. There is no real way to search for them, besides our various costom searches, one which can be found here.
If you know their username, just insert it in this link: armorgames.com/user/NAMEHERE
How do I friend another user?
Go to their profile, click the green "ADD FRIEND" button. You have now friended the other user.

I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS!!
Look through this and this. If your question has not been answered then, feel free to post the question in either the Support and Suggestions section or the Newcomers section.

Missing a game?
We do have moments of disappearing games for some reason. Check it is just not loading. Hopefully this will be resolved in AG3.

• 201 Replies
pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

on the address bar when you are on your profile it will say you name simply take that out and type whos profile you want and there you can add them. also if you see someone you want to add you can click their name at the side of forums or comments on games.

pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

Are you supposed to play for a certain amount of time before rating the game?

it's meant to be like that how can you rate a game and never played it?

but as matrix said it will probly change in ag3 it's only fair not to spam and get points.
pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

just be active post on forums, help out people or meet people on games.

you can check newcomers and had anyone who is new to help them out.

DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

Ok, where the heck is that address thing you were talking about? I didn't see anything on my prof that looks like a "friend searcher", do I need like an express acount or something?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

where the heck is that address thing you were talking about? I didn't see anything on my prof that looks like a "friend searcher"

The address bar is at the top, where it says what website you are on. To search for a friend, type: armorgames.com/user/USERNAME-HERE

There is no way to search for people on the website, currently. However, there is a search bar on AG3 that searches for users and games.
sparkypop
sparkypop
1 posts
Nomad

so i was wondering do u friend on here

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

so i was wondering do u friend on here

Do you mean can you friend people on here? You can. Just go to their profile by clicking on their name or doing the thing that Matrix said. Then press that big, green "Add Friend" button. You'll then see their name in your friends section.
jesseses
jesseses
21 posts
Nomad

so you can swear and don't get banned if it is censored or what?

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

so you can swear and don't get banned if it is censored or what

It will get censored, but if you swear excessively, you'll probably get a warning and maybe a ban.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

It will get censored, but if you swear excessively, you'll probably get a warning and maybe a ban.

Bypassing the profanity filter will also lead to similar problems.
mangachick25
mangachick25
1 posts
Nomad

haha swearing is no fun. whats the point of swearing ina game?

merind3
merind3
36 posts
Nomad

Thanks man! Really helpful info here!

fexx22
fexx22
3 posts
Shepherd

It doesn`t answer why I keep losing points everyday...

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald
CloudIcee27
CloudIcee27
6 posts
Nomad

Good rules and Q&A for beginners to read through

Showing 106-120 of 201