Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Automatic Profile Comments Locker

Thread Locked

Posted Dec 8, '10 at 10:17am

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

9,253 posts

I also say that those might not be all that is going to be given in the long run--the team might find more things to "block out" for us when AG3 goes live :) Cannot wait!

Posted Dec 8, '10 at 1:21pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,962 posts

Knight

i think you should delete the user only after sending an email asking them if its ok after its inactive for a long period of time

We have no plans to ever delete a user's profile.

I think we should have something like this with AG3. Perhaps allow users to 'block' certain people from posting on their profile, something similar to an 'ignore' function. I'm thinking I've seen this mentioned somewhere else, however I couldn't find it.

Yes, we're already doing this. It's part of the privacy settings. You can set things like "I want my achievements to be available to: friends/followers/everyone/nobody (pick one)"

You'll also be able to block a particular user from ever contacting you, however moderators and administrators will have the ability to contact you at any time.

You can also block a user's particular kind of activity, like "I want to stay friends with MrWalker82, but I don't want to see his high score submission activities"

Posted Dec 8, '10 at 3:48pm

ArmorL3gend

ArmorL3gend

243 posts

This is Armorgames and not a "social website" or however called, like bookface or Facecomp or whatever. Dun ...

Read this forum, it might change you mind

Posted Dec 11, '10 at 6:41pm

knight_34

knight_34

14,286 posts

Read this forum, it might change you mind

*thread

I agree with this idea. Though I've always wondered why points are given out for profile comments. I have only seen such nonsense on this site. Of course I support the removal of this "reward" for commenting.

Posted Dec 16, '10 at 7:36am

MrWarlord

MrWarlord

11 posts

Why you want to delete a user's profile? What if their computer broke and they couldn't get it fixed for a while? What if they were just wanted to do something else and had intentions of coming back?

I would never delete anyone's account except if it was because they were banned or something.

Posted Dec 16, '10 at 8:51am

locoace3

locoace3

15,654 posts

Why you want to delete a user's profile? What if their computer broke and they couldn't get it fixed for a while? What if they were just wanted to do something else and had intentions of coming back?

inactive users take up space and provide a template for spammers, and if their off for months, then they should think about other means of getting on, or just having a sleep option where the profile is locked down preventing it from spammers or deletion

Posted Dec 16, '10 at 9:07pm

Reton8

Reton8

2,806 posts

Well, with the new AG3 the system should switch to "Just friends" can comment on your profile after a certain amount of time. After even more time it should then switch to "Comments closed".

That way if you do take an extended break from the site, but your friends ask you a question or something, you would be able to see it. Or if you are getting e-mails from a friends comments on your profile, it might entice a user you stopped visiting the site to come back.

Posted Dec 16, '10 at 9:19pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

9,253 posts

Lemme look on that...

Yeah, on the dashboard, it says "Status Updates & Biography", which suggests the status posts that we can comment back and forth. So from what is posted now, it looks like you have the option to limit who gets to post on your updates and who doesn't. We'll have to see what happens later on, however.

With that being said, if we have these status posts to comment on, do we also get to have regular profile comments? If there will be a comment locker feature, will it close down all status posts in the Activity Stream?

Posted Dec 16, '10 at 10:56pm

firetail_madness

firetail_madness

21,765 posts

Yes, I can toggle any user's "allow comments" setting.

That is hax, cormyn, and you know it...

I didn't even notice for a while...
I guess this option couldn't hurt.

Posted Dec 16, '10 at 11:15pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,962 posts

Knight

That is hax, cormyn, and you know it...

It's also my job to keep comment spammers from abusing the system by posting hundreds or thousands of messages on profiles of users who don't visit the site very often. ;o)