Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Lamentations

Posted Jul 8, '11 at 9:49pm

Jefferysinspiration

Jefferysinspiration

3,133 posts

Your style of writing amazes me. You're able to flow your words so sophisticated for your age. It's very impressive.

Posted Jul 9, '11 at 12:36pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

Reflections II

There are Seven Billion people on the Earth. Seven Billion people spread out across Six Continents. Standing shoulder-to-shoulder, we'd all cover an area about the size of Los Angeles, California. And I'm just one dot, one blip, in the sea of faces.

From that perspective, its fairly easy to feel insignificant. One out of Seven Billion, and on a fairly small planet in the wash of the Universe. So saying its fairly easy to feel insignificant is really just an understament. A very large understatement.

In comparison, I'm a phytoplankton in the Tide of the Human Races.

So may be thats why an identity is of an increasing importance to me. Its easy to get lost among the mass of people we know, often numbering in the thousands. Yet socioligist tell us that the most persons and individual can know and have a relation with is just 150. So by existing, we already go against human nature. Or may be we're just following it?

Posted Jul 9, '11 at 12:44pm

Jefferysinspiration

Jefferysinspiration

3,133 posts

its fairly easy to feel insignificant.

It's very easy to; but shouldn't trying to make yourself not insignificant be the issue?

We're all on this earth - meaning as individuals to people who do not know us we will always be insignificant - but isn't it possible to just put your efforts into being significant to those who matter? The few people we allow ourselves to get close to?

Posted Jul 9, '11 at 12:47pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

It's very easy to; but shouldn't trying to make yourself not insignificant be the issue?

Taking this step-by-step, so as to not be so long winded. That'll be coming up next.

Posted Jul 9, '11 at 12:53pm

idontsuckthatmuch

idontsuckthatmuch

1,728 posts

The fact that this very thread exist is clear evidence for that. Ironic, really, that I'm comfortable with putting up self-creations for the world to see, yet I dare not tell anyone I know that I write poetry, or even know how to rhyme

Hm, I knew I wasn't the only person that thought like that. I'd never tell anyone I knew that I like to do things like this, either.

As for the insignificance, that's thinking on a very large scale. There's nothing wrong with that, but, well, you could end up thinking like you are now. Try starting on a smaller scale first. Be important to the people around you, the people you're close to.

In other words, I just offered you the same advice that Shona did. I hope it helped anyway. :/

Posted Jul 10, '11 at 2:05pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

Haiku

Delicately clad,
Fine petticoats of petals,
Finest of the field.

Posted Jul 10, '11 at 5:05pm

Jefferysinspiration

Jefferysinspiration

3,133 posts

Beautiful Haiku Mav :]
Great job.

Posted Jul 10, '11 at 10:10pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

Reflections III

Mirrors. They're very odd objects. They reflect everything in their view. Mirrors can be distorted. A simply walk through a Funny House at any local Carnival will yeild to this. Some make you tall, others thin, and still more turn you upside down. All distort your image. While these mirrors are merely for laughs, there is one of a more serious manner.

We all have mirrors. Not the ones in our bathrooms or halls, but ones we look into at the end of the day. And like real mirros, they can be distorted, broken, and bent. We look into them with a bias, and see only what we want to see. Many people are led astray by what they or others see. People only see what they want to see, or what others tell them to see.

So the goal we all should have is to look into our personal mirrors, and see who we really are. Many of us, myself included, are afraid of what we see. Through writing these reflections, I attempt to see who I really am, without any of the bends or curves that are otherwise supplied.

I am... frightened by what I see in mine.

-More to come.

Posted Jul 11, '11 at 3:52am

Jefferysinspiration

Jefferysinspiration

3,133 posts

Deepest reflection yet and very beautiful.
You don't fail to blow my mind kiddo.

I am... frightened by what I see in mine

-sigh- Aren't we all?

Remember my advice !

Posted Jul 11, '11 at 8:13am

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

Another Tragedy

How terrible! We lose ourselves!
Trapped in the middle
As my foes tear me apart.

Oh, where were you? When all was lost?
No one to turn to
As both ends crashed around me.

Hold me now, 'cause it just feels so broken!
Emptiness collapses all around us.
Somehow we should try to get out of this...
Try to get out of this...

Sweet Symphony! Please, play me home.
Notes as companions
On this dark road of fortune.

Excelsior!* As I fall down...
Dust flies around me
And covers all my feeling.

Hold me now, 'cause my body's so broken!
Emptiness lies right behind my dull eyes.
Somehow you should try to avoid my fate...
Try to avoid my fate...

Wrote this at 3AM last night, as I couldn't sleep. Just kinda came to me, really. Its a fairly straightfoward poem, though, so I shouldn't have to explain really. I think its one of the better poems I've written. :)

Reply to Lamentations

You must be logged in to post a reply!