ForumsArt, Music, and WritingLamentations

278 121322
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Well, if you know me, then you know that this would be my third thread for my writings. If you don't know me, as in your a new(er) user, than this is my third thread for my writings. This is a fairly akward situation, so I feel the need to explain:

I am making this final thread (and yes, final), because I realised something during my Hiatus. When I 'quit' AG, I was fairly discusted with my works. I absolutely loathed them. And after a while, I realized something: that it didn't matter. Who cares what I thought about them. What matters is what OTHERs think about them. I wouldn't be able to grow as a writer if my angst over my own works led people to assume that they WERE bad.

While some of them genuinely reeked, there were others that were genuinely good. And as I looked back over my first writings, I realized another thing too: that I had gotten better. That my works had gone from a slipshod, unbalanced affair to a generarrly more organized shipshod affair.

So I am not making this thread to be unique in having *3* threads about my work, or for vanity, or anything like that. I am making it so that you, the reader, will look at my works, and will hopefully tell me how to get better.

Sincerely, Mav

• 278 Replies
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

YOU DON'T LIKE MY POETRY! *Rages*

Calm down, bro.

Anyways. I'm supposed to do what, again?

The one at the top of this page is.... emotionally evoking. Which I haven't seen from you in a while.

So I give you kudos. I don't really have much else to say about it. I really liked it. The flow was iffy with the semicolon, but I kept on reading and then got it.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Which I haven't seen from you in a while

I will work harder.

So I give you kudos. I don't really have much else to say about it. I really liked it. The flow was iffy with the semicolon, but I kept on reading and then got it.

Thanks a bunch.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

I will work harder.

Nononononono don't work harder to make it come out emotional.
The best emotional ones are the ones that just come out, on their own. Working to MAKE it emotional kills emotion, in most cases.
Emotion has its own flow, just let it run its course :P
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

Bliss, Clouds, and Sunshine

I've been gone a bit too long...
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Down by the fireside,
I come to know its meaning:
Peace and Harmony.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

I've been gone a bit too long...

Welcome back then.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Just backed up everything all my works in this thread to a word document, in case AG3 deletes everything. 15,000+ words, over 48 pages.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

YOU DON'T LIKE MY POETRY! *Rages*

It's not your poetry I hate. It is all poetry.

Wow! 15,000+ words. That is a lot. Good of you to back it up though. It would suck to lose it all.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

It's not your poetry I hate. It is all poetry.

So then you do hate my poetry.

Wow! 15,000+ words. That is a lot. Good of you to back it up though. It would suck to lose it all.

Thanks bro. Yeah, its looking like everything will be destroyed when AG3 comes along, so I just figured it might be wise to do so.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

So then you do hate my poetry.

Well..........................Yes. But not just your poetry. And I like haikus.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Well..........................Yes. But not just your poetry. And I like haikus.

But that makes no sense! D:
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

What signs must I give?
You refuse to listen, yet
My words you ask for.
At the end-time I will say:
'Begone! I never knew you!'

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

A certain rabbit is dis

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

^^^ fail

A certain rabbit is displeased by Mav's output pace.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

A certain rabbit is displeased by Mav's output pace.

I'm in the midst of a creative 'Saharra'. No oasis' to be spotted.
Showing 196-210 of 278